Why doesnt welded parts in a model move with the primary part?

if the rotation is not what you wanted then you can change it with something like

CFrame.new(0,-4,0) * CFrame.fromOrientation(math.rad(90),0,0)

you might need to mess around a bit to see which side is which

1 Like

In the video that i sent, it showed that i used weld constraints and it did work, but the bones didnt move with the primary part, how do i fix that?

1 Like

just use welds and turn the primary part the way where the bone faces the correct way before tweening it

also you are tweening to Zone.CFrame which means the primary part will always tween to have the same position and rotation with Zone, so you can also rotate it and then set the primary cframe to it

1 Like

The welds made it so that each one of them are all in one position, how do you reckon i fix that?

1 Like

you have them welded to a primary part, just rotate the primary part and they will all rotate

1 Like

No bro youre not understanding, they are all in one position

1 Like

are you using welds or weld constraints?

1 Like

when i use welds, it rotates them and places them all at the center of the primary parts, then i tried weld constraints which fixed the problem of rotating and placing them at one position, but created another problem where they dont tween with the primary part.

1 Like

huh it looks kinda normal when I coded it
https://i.gyazo.com/9ce072f3ff6b81069b8d2dd71b35717c.gif

1 Like

welds were perfectly fine for your script, you just had the wrong rotation and you need to rotate the primary part before tweening it

1 Like

its not rotation bro its that they are all at one place

1 Like

model

local model = workspace.Model:Clone()
local primary = model:WaitForChild("primary")
model.Parent = workspace

primary.CFrame = CFrame.new(0,0,0) * CFrame.fromOrientation(math.rad(90),0,0)

game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(primary, TweenInfo.new(1), {CFrame = primary.CFrame * CFrame.new(0,0,-10)}):Play()

result

1 Like

i edited the post above, look at the video what happens when i do it.

you did not weld the bones with the primary part correctly

1 Like

Maybe weld it like this, all welds are in the root and Part0 is the Root while Part1 is the union

can you tell me what i did wrong?

I think you need to change the unions themselves cuz they shouldn’t change like that when you weld them

not sure how welds work when you do them manually, I usually weld parts with moon animator

or you can run a command to weld your parts, like this

local part1 = workspace.Part1 --primary part
local part2 = workspace.Part2
local weld = Instance.new("Weld")
weld.Part0 = part1
weld.part1 = part2
weld.C0 = part1.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(part2.CFrame)

weld.Parent = part1

is this the result ur looking for btw?
https://i.gyazo.com/121b3b373649db20442510575233b1d8.gif
I just set the CFrame of the bone zone’s primary part to below the zone’s CFrame
If none of this works you may need to remake the bones to make them compatible

1 Like