Why is 'BubbleChat' under 'Players' not possible to tick? (SOLVED, NEW QUESTION!)

Screenshot 2023-07-20 185939
Bubble Chat in a game that I have been making has not worked so far, and I have been looking to fix it. Everything under ChatTextService is green-to-green, however here, under ‘players’, it does not appear to be ticked. I believe this is my problem. How do I fix this? I have zero experience with scripting.

The game has an ATF 7-style customization setting which MAY be messing with it, but this is unlikely. Are there any settings or issues that can help me enable bubble chat? I have looked through ChatTextService, everything is enabled. I am at a loss. Thank you.

2 Likes

You can’t set it normally you have to use Players:SetChatStyle(), You could run game:GetService("Players"):SetChatStyle(Enum.ChatStyle.Bubble) in the command bar to tick it

1 Like

I believe that that property refers the classic Chat service, which was deprecated in favour of TextChatService.

If you are using TextChatService, you can probably ignore that thing. Instead, try looking at BubbleChatConfiguration under TextChatService and see if it’s enabled. That controls bubble chat’s behaviour under TextChatService.

Well, this is part of the solution : The box was ticked! However, a new problem comes up. It didn’t really do anything.
robloxapp-20230720-1918369.wmv (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Try what pizza wizard said too

1 Like

It is enabled. The problem, I now realize, is that the chat shows up for a split second before disappearing, as demonstrated in my other post. It also works in studio just fine, but in-game, has issues.

1 Like

Try changing TextChatService/BubbleChatConfiguration.BubbleDuration

2 Likes

It may also be a bug though (TextChatService is now the default for new experiences! - #117 by Purasia). If you have anything related to the legacy Chat service perhaps try removing them?

Well that worked. I think it was a bug with the timing, no clue. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.