Why is HingeConstraint so elasticy?

I suppose I should mention this since it was mentioned to me privately but not publicly posted here, but this issue is caused by system complexity. (Edit: If I had to guess why it was kept private? Just an accident at best, since the issue was directed to me)

At times, there’s just too many constraints in an assembly to the point where it can’t keep up. If this happens, you need to reduce the complexity of the system.

A good way to do this in your case is a strip of hinges down the center. Unlike the real world, you don’t need two hinges on either side of the thing. Try to use constraints for literal behavior rather than what makes sense in the real world for the physical construction of something.

1 Like

Seems like the maximum complexity is kind of depressingly low then. These are already hinged at just one side - And the instability is still a bit meh. I wonder if breaking it into smaller conveyors will work?

It definitely improved with single hinges. But I’m disappointed I couldn’t use ropes or springs to achieve more fun results.

3 Likes