Why is my animation different client side versus server side?

I am making a taser in Roblox and want to run an animation to character that got hit by the recast. The animation is supposed look like the player is laying down, stunned. However, the animation only looks fine from the view point of the person holding the taser. What I mean is, it looks how it should everywhere but the client side of the person being hit.

Here is how it should look (server):

Here is how it looks like to the person being hit:

Can someone tell me how to fix this? It keeps showing the animation differently to the person being hit.

It doesn’t matter how it looks on the server. Does it not look the same between two clients? Probably you will have to send a remote event to the person hit to tell them to play the animation.

but the animation is played in a main script

Is it a local script or a server script?

I just said it is played in a server script. That’s what I meant by main script.

Not that I can see. If its played in a server script it should affect every client equally. That makes me think what you’re doing is not actually running on the server. A system like this (a tool) almost always needs both a client and server script. I would have to see the code you’re using.

I fixed this by setting the animation to FireServer instead of FireClient.

I’m not using FireClient.
Here is my code:

local tased = hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid"):LoadAnimation(tasedA)
tased:Play()

hit.Parent is the person that got tased. It is a normal script located in the taser.

1 Like

After a while I figured out I just needed to make the animation priority idle, make it loop, and make sure I move a tool that the player might be holding to its backpack. And with that, it works!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.