Why is my animation only working in the studio?

repeat wait() until script:FindFirstChild("idleAnimation")

local animation = script.idleAnimation

local model = script.Parent
local AT = model:LoadAnimation(animation)

while wait() do
    AT:Play()
    AT.Stopped:wait()
end

This script plays an animation on an NPC when testing the game in studio, but when I test in the live game, it does not.

(I own, and created the animation so it is in my group’s inventory if you think that might be the problem.)

Heres an error message I find in the client and server-side of the developer console:

Could anyone give me an explanation of this?

1 Like

Is this a group game? Animations work for the creators, so that might be the reason why it works for you personally in studio and doesn’t work in game. Export the animations to your group and that should fix if that’s the issue.

1 Like

I uploaded this animation into the group I am pretty sure.

2 Likes

Oh sorry, missed that part.
That’s what caused me the issue I’m the past. Are you sure that the game is w group game and the animation is in the group?

1 Like

If it was recently made or updated, then it would not load until it is moderated. If it was moderated and got rejected, then it will not load in. Only when it gets past moderation it will load in.

3 Likes

Thank you, I had to double check that it was a group asset. :+1:

Hi, I know this post is really old, but im currently experiencing the same issue. My animation keep getting rejected for no reason when I upload them to my group

Is there any solution to this?
I already tried changing the name.
Also im the owner of the group