Why is my CTR so bad?

I have a degree in marketing so i can suggest that even if the audience is young, it is still important to have something called “Call to action” when you make an ad, unless you already have a big brand/product and just want to raise awareness.

So in this situation i think you would need to think something that your target audience likes or desires in games they ALREADY play, see if you have a similar characteristic/feature/atribute that they could find or experience in your game, and use that (in a nice wording) to promote the game and increase chances of clicks. I could provide more examples in DMs or something if you want, best of luck with the game!

2 Likes

Looks good! I wish your game all the best!

1 Like

Thank you a lot for your feedback! So do you prefer the “fried” one?

I think it will catch people’s eyes more because it is brighter. If you can maybe change the character’s skin tone to less orange and that might help. Also No problem always glad to help!

1 Like

Just to kinda check up I was scrolling through my dev form and found this. How is it going with HoldFast?

1 Like

Hey! I just changed the skyscraper ad a little and will start the short-term advertising campaign in the last April weekend (29th - 1st, I think). I tried another skyscraper ad for a 300 - 400 Robux bud and it peaked to ~2.5 - 3% CTR I think but finished at 1.58% CTR which is pretty better. I’m pretty confident about HOLDFAST!, so I’ll be just adding some final touches (camera settings and more features).

Thank you for coming back to the topic!

“I really want to get this game popular since I’ve been developing it for +1 year.”

I just played it, if you want to get it more popular you gotta give the player something to do. I mean I joined in by myself and just walked around for a few minutes till I got bored. Imagine you’re trying to build a player base and each person joins 1 at a time and leaves because there is nothing to do.

If it’s a PvP game, you gotta give the user something to do when it’s only him playing. Tbh I had no idea what I was supposed to do, I can only assume I was supposed to wait until another player joined.

The buildings are cool, but can’t walk in any of them so there is no inter-activeness, and because of that the town feels fake like props.

I think you need to do a better job telling the player what the game is about or what to do. Also a great mechanic would be creating some sort of wall walking/climbing mechanic. Anyway good luck!

1 Like

Hey! As I said in other topics, the game is fully multiplayer aimed, so if you play it as single player you’ll get bored easily (try to play Da Hood or Combat Warriors in an empty server). That’s exactly why I want to run some ads and get multiple players playing at the game at the same time.

Do you have any idea about how to make a fully multiplayer aimed game work successfully?

Thank you for replying!

Gotcha but like I said I had no idea what I was doing or supposed to do. Unless you’ve got buckets of ROBUX to drop on advertising you’re probably gonna need something to keep the player interested while others join in.

Perhaps consider adding some sort of NPC to fight in the meantime, or literally anything. You just gotta put yourself in the shoes of a new player to realize why they aren’t staying longer than a couple minutes.

2 Likes

So popular multiplayer games (like I said: Da Hood, ZO, Combat Warriors or city games) just spend a lot of Robux in advertisements/sponsorships or content creators? There isn’t any other way?

Yes, I got it. You can open the Help tab at any time (in the play screen or pressing the “?” icon in the left bottom) to get some guide on the game, anyways, I guess I’ll have to add some NPC’s or something like that to improve retention/playtime.

Thank you for replying!

Adding on to this, sponsors and ads have very different use cases. Ads will only target players on a computer, but sponsors allow you to target who you want. I previously ran sponsors like the one shown in the original post and got about the same CTR. However, after noticing what platform my primary audience was by looking at developer stats, I decided to target a very specific group. I targeted a 13+ male console audience, and the CTR came to be about 10 times better than before. This is very important! You should spend your money where it counts, not waste it on a demographic that you know will not play.

TL;DR only advertise to those you know will play the game

1 Like

Awsome! Keep up the good work hope it blows up soon!

1 Like