Why is my IK (Inverse Kinematics) Not working?

All I want is to make my character’s R6 arm move in direction to a part. I scripted it so its setup like this but whatever I do like literally nothing happens. Any help would be awesome, thank you. BMWLux

2 Likes

if i am not wrong, IK controls only work on objects with more than 1 joint.

Ik control need multiple joint to work . That is literally its purpose

IKControl only works when it is parented inside a Humanoid. I’ve recreated your setup so you can copy what I have:
kuva
kuva
With these your arm should be angled towards the part:

To fix the weird angle you can do the following:

IKControl.EndEffectorOffset = CFrame.Angles(-math.pi/2,0,0)

And you’re done :smiley:
https://i.gyazo.com/66d4c5cf4a644e9bb7c19b6503b7adc3.mp4

2 Likes

the solution dosent work for me,my custom rig is all socket constraints since im trying to make a fully procedurally animated character and IK dosent affect it no matter what i do,can you show me a example of how to correctly rig a custom character to support IK controls?

IKControl only works with Motor6D Joints. I believe there are Rig Builder plugins that you can use to create rigs that use Motor6D and support IKControl.

1 Like

hm… but ive tried it with motor6d’s before but it dint work, do i need to create attachments or something? give me more info please.

Can you send a tutorial on how to use IK on custom characters? every single tutorial ive watched was either showcases or tutorials on how to use them on r15 rigs