Why is my model's point of origin off to the side?

• What are you attempting to achieve?
    Understand why model’s point of origin is no longer centered.
  • What is the issue?
    Origin is off-center.
  • What solutions have you tried so far?
    Searched for Roblox part origin moving, but only found articles saying the point of origin cant be changed in Studio.

If this was in Blender, I know how it would be fixed. Unfortunately, I didn’t know this was possible in Studio. I checked all of the individual parts in the model, but their origins are still centered respective to their position. Only when I select the whole model does the origin show as being off to the side. How did I cause this and how can I fix it? Thanks!

1 Like

You should be able to center the pivot by selecting the model and clicking Reset near Pivot under the Model tab.

IIRC this is usually caused by plugins which move things around without updating a model’s pivot in response to its new position, but it’s unclear if that’s the case here.

11 Likes

That fixed it! Thanks! I don’t have any plugins beyond what Studio has by default. The model consist of two very simple meshes made in Blender and imported as FBX with the Asset Manager. Thank you again for the help and for teaching me something new!

2 Likes

If your importing a mesh from blender, the origin position will be that which was in blender.