Why is my Studio Lagging?

I recently saw that my roblox studio is extremely lagging. I tried every possible thing;
Reinstalling,
Updating Graphics Card,
Deleting Some Files,
Optimizing it via Settings,
so on and so on.

Please help me since i need to use roblox studio badly and i cant operate it without huge stutters.

Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling Studio?

1 Like

The OP has already explained that they have done this:

I’ve also been experiencing an issue like this, where Roblox Studio chugs to about ~40 FPS consistently.

I discovered that Windows keeps automatically setting it to Low Power mode, so you have to go into the Windows Graphics Settings and forcefully set it to High Performance, which uses your Graphics Card, or puts it out of Low Power mode.

I’m unsure if this is specific to Windows 11, but you’ll HAVE to go in there to fix it, only temporarily. Whenever Roblox Studio updates, you’ll be forced to go back in and do it again, unfortunately.

To do this, you’ll need to locate the “Add an App” section under Custom options for apps then browse to your local appdata folder under your User folder to add it to the list of apps that Windows lets you configure, graphic wise. You’ll want to manually force that to “High performance”. The toggle below it I don’t think makes that big of a difference, so I’d just leave it unchecked. If it doesn’t fix it, try toggling that and see if it does.

I partly feel like this is also a bug with Roblox Studio, but only seems to happen on certain configurations, mostly laptops, which is a very big number of people.

Know you’re not alone on this one. In case you’re curious, here’s what my option in the list looks like:

(My setup isn’t an extremely powerful machine as you can tell, but it’s been able to run studio perfectly fine at the latest drivers without this problem, and this workaround clearly shows my card can pull the numbers)

2 Likes