Why is my teamwork obby game failing?

Hello! So I’ve made a Team Work Obby named TWMTDW! or ‘Team Work Makes The Dream Work!’ So, I don’t know how, but for some reason my game is failing, its not Bad at all either, It has a great complex, straight forward premise, and a good game style. Why Is It Failing though? Please give me your thoughts and try the game.

https://www.roblox.com/games/6856619004/Team-Work-Makes-The-Dream-Work

3 Likes

Few things could be contributing:

1. It’s an obby which is already a somewhat niche game genre, and one that has no replay value.
  2. Requires teamwork, roblox players don’t always have patience for that.
  3. First impressions matter, you have no description, one thumbnail that shows little about the game, and the icon is just the logo and doesn’t have anything that would make someone want to click
  4. Advertising, did you advertise? That’s the main way to get people to learn about the game

Can’t speak from personal experience (as my game is still a few weeks from release) but getting a stable player base can be hit or miss and even a good game can struggle to find its footing soon after release.

3 Likes

I agree! It is very important to get players good first impression. Maybe by adding some description to your game - like telling people how this game stands out to other obby game - so that at least people know how this game works. Also I think you might want to rework a bit of your thumbnail to make it fancy, and also advertise if you have enough robux. All of the above are pretty good idea and you should try it

2 Likes

Can’t do that at all, don’t got much/any robux

ah oof mate, but then I also got an idea, but it would be easier to start off with if you have some population in any social apps

you can make a post to tell people to try out your game, but don’t saying it plain, try making it better by adding the special features of your game.

1 Like

Also to be honest, as what @storeboughtbeef1 has said, it’s hard to gain popularity of game that need 2 people or more to finish since most people don’t have that patience

1 Like

I can’t just wait like 5+ years just to get my game out their, it takes a long time to get popularity

if you don’t mind @StarJ3M is it fine that I check out the game with you? Since as what you said you need teamwork to finish.

1 Like

THANKS FOR EVERYONE WHO DONATED :heart:

I will use this for adds and nothing else

1 Like

In the game’s current state, it’s difficult for players to find the game. So, how can the game be played often if nobody even knows it exists?

One of the easiest ways for players to find the game is putting a description with the words that are in some way related to the game and what it is about. The same can be in the title.

Say, for example, put the words team work, obby, friends, ect. in the description, like this for example:

Welcome to Team Work Makes The Dream Work! :star2:! This is an obby strategy game in which you and your friends work together to beat many obstacles facing your way!

(This is just an example. You can use it if you want. Just get creative with it! If there is anything you want to say more in the description, you can.)

But, dont do “TAGS please ignore obby obby jump friend team obby…”

Wish you the best with this game! (insert unrelated emoji) :woman_mage:

1 Like