Why is this script causing the game to lag so much ( gui collision service )

i just discovered the gui collision service in roblox about a month ago and im still baffled by this script there is NO problems its just adding the player as a hitter and then the collision frame as a collider heres the local script

the game lags after a couple of minutes of playing for some reason
when i disable the script the game dosent lag but this script is fundemental for the game because its a boarder system that keeps the player from leaving the area

local GuiCollisionService = require(game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").COLLISION_SERVICE.GuiCollisionService)

local GR = GuiCollisionService.createCollisionGroup()

local t = game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(script.Parent.Player, TweenInfo.new(1, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear), {Position = UDim2.new(0.431, 0,0.858, 0)})

GR:addHitter(script.Parent.Player, { t })

GR:addCollider(script.Parent.RightBoarder, true)

GR:addCollider(script.Parent.LeftBoarder, true)

If this script lag too much and you need the player to stay inside an area, why not using another methode? Like workspace:GetPartsInPart or event the distance between the center and the player position with magnitude

its gui not actual 3d workspace !

Perhaps too many elements are being created, or the last action did not have time to end and a new one started, you should make sure that there is no such thing in your modular script, and if there is a fix or replace, for example, when a new action starts, extinguish the old one to compensate for changes in performance. Also, try to run the game on a real server, and not through Roblox Studio and check if this error will happen again.

can you show us the explorer with the gui?

i have located the exact problem its

GR:addHitter(script.Parent.Player, { t })

but its needed idk how to fix it tbh i think its from the creator of the gui collision service

ok after a long time REALLLY LONG TIME like 3 weeks of trying to find this stupid solution , simply there isn’t, what’s happening is that the game just lags from the collision service itself, the script is absloutly fine with no problems,

so how did i find the solution? simple, i just disabled the script and then realized that the game stopped lagging that’s how i knew that was the issue, and when i’m in mid game and the game is lagging at that specific time when i disable the script the game stops lagging and then when i reenable it it lags back in a few minutes

so what i simply did is made a script that disables that script every 10 seconds and then enable it right away , and so far the lag is not there anymore. i hate that Roblox dosen’t even have a gui collision service in the first place but whatever, sorry if this is long

if this dosen’t work im gonna completly ignore the lag and let the game be

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.