Why my tree in roblox studio look more ugly than in the 3D software?

This is the first time I’m creating tree, so please help me out
This is the tree I created:

The tree in roblox:

Is there anyway to make the tree on roblox look better?

Without texture

I think it’s because the 3D software renders the tree at almost full quality, while roblox has graphics settings that are pretty low by default.
Try going into settings and turning the quality up.

1 Like

Maybe that’s the point but I think It more relate to texturing inside of roblox, Meaning that roblox painted the tree with texture diffrent to the way the software paint the texture into the leaves, as you can see at the tree aren’t having a same amount of leaf

Are your leaves in the 3D software double sided (flat without a thickness)? If so I think Roblox only renders one side. Try using the Double Sided Property in the MeshPart and see if that fixes it.

If the leaves have thickness then make sure the orientation of the faces is correct.

Another difference is the change in Lighting from your 3D program to Roblox .
There’s also a difference (I use Blender, so I don’t know how your 3D program works) in the texture file type (.mtl or whatever) that might cause this issue.

It could be from the texture compression that happens when you import high-quality textures (2K+) into roblox. But for me, that tree looks still AMAZING, and I actually wanted to make a tree exactly like that.

1 Like

Well thank you, I’m considering if I should make some tutorial in the future because that software with me is far more fast and easy than using blender (blender is more precise tho) :grinning:

That’s pretty much the problem.

Single sided

Double sided

But in Roblox

The Roblox with the double sized look so low quality that I prefer the old one
The leaf have no thickness, thank you for asking