Why this happends on my GFX?

So, i been trying to do some GFX, but, i had a little issue, that is that roblox models turn semi transparent when i insert a Dynamic Sky.

Here a little example.

If anyone could help me solving this problem, I will be very happy!

3 Likes

Hello,

I had that problem and it is due to the textures on the new blender for some reason. I do not know why it does it but here is how to fix it. Basically you choose the part that is transparent then you go to the textures remove them turn the texture into a image texture then choose the texture that your image is (from were you uploaded the stuff for the rig).

i tried that but doesn’t work either

Maybe try using 2.79 instead of the current? Thats what I use and it works fine

if you still have the problem do this and make sure your using cycles! image

Well, i was in cycles and That was the problem! I changed it to Eevee and worked out again

yea because cycles system is not similar to eevee but i recommend using cycles

I followed the image and it worked so, Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hello, @CRAFTRONIX_457! I also had this problem in Blender 2.85, which I believe is the latest problem. Not exactly sure if the above video posted by @LifeDigger included some steps, or if he missed something, so sorry if I repeat some things.

Safety Check
So, firstly go ahead and select one of the parts of the Roblox Character. If you cannot select just one part of the body, make sure the option under “Geometry” when importing your Character is checked off to “Split by Group”, this lets you select each individual body part of the model. If you already did this, please ignore this step if you’re able to select each individual part.

Overview
The character you posted looks exactly like my Roblox Character below in the latest blender version.

Step 1:
Select a body part, or accessory! Blender will highlight the body part/accessory, but you may already know that. In the side bar, you’ll see a list of icons you may be familiar with. Click on the sphere like icon second-to-last of the pattern looking icon at the bottom. A change will happen to the Right Side by default.

Step 2:
Sorry if this gets confusing, but I’ll explain to the best of my ability. Once you get the new menu, the option at the very top of the tab will show something like, in my case, a texture called “iimasterkillerii6.mtl”. At the side of that, you’ll see a negative icon (-). Click on that to remove the texture from that accessory or body part. That body part, or accessory will now be solid white, with no transparency, or texture.

Step 3:
Instead of clicking on the Negative (-) icon, you’ll want to click on the Positive icon (+). This will insert a new flat texture file. The arm will look the same, but do not worry, you’ll be able to fix that. When you click the Positive (+) a drop down labeled “Surface” will appear. Make sure you select the “Diffuse BSDF” option from the list of options that appear, I assume you may be familiar with that menu.

Checking In
You should have the results below:
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 10.01.18 PM
Now comes the fun! Click on the “Color” option to pick an option. A huge list of options will appear, and make sure you select “Image Texture” from that list.
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 10.01.38 PM
A new change will be made to the sidebar, and you’ll notice a little folder icon. Click on that folder icon, and a browser will pop up to browse your files. You’ll need to find the .png file from the OBJ you used in Blender. Find the appropriate texture file that is associated with that body part, or accessory. You may have to actually look at the PNG to see what body part/accessory it may be associated with.
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 10.01.55 PM
In my case, the file name looked like this for my old texture file:
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 10.03.05 PM
Final Steps!
Once you have the correct .png file for your body part/accessory the arm will be now fully apparent, and will have no transparent effects, and you should be able to render this like normal! Below is an example from following my own steps. If you need clarification, please hit me with an @Void_Xiety
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 10.03.37 PM
(It’s hard to notice with the noise, but the left arm is fully apparent with no transparent effects)

-Void_Xiety

2 Likes

That is what I said but he told me it did not work. You select t the part then need to re-texture it.

Oh yes I had figured, I just thought he missed the “Diffuse BSDF” part since that matters when applying textures from what I’ve been told. Thanks for clarifying though! He marked a solution so I’m assuming there isn’t a problem for this thread anymore.

Eevees is not as good quality then cycles that is why most people will use cycles. Not sure why the way I told you did not work as it has for others. Like @JuusesGFX said you should really use cycles when possible as it is better.