Why won't my car work?

? I don’t know what you mean, you’ve always have to scripted cars.

What about the other car???

I have always made these

And where do I put the script, it didn’t say anything about a script

Where do I put the script? It didn’t tell me.

You have to script everything on the car, you have to register WASD to make the wheels move, you have to script how fast the wheels make the car go, etc.

Look up a tutorial, you can’t really explain it, plus I don’t know how to script lol.

2 Likes

Nvm, I hate the car anyways. I will probably just use the script from a free model (IF IT DOESN’T HAVE A VIRUS)

Yeah, watch out for viruses. Here is a plugin to make sure its safe: Server Defender | OFFICIAL PLUGIN - Roblox

The script is in the car model kit they give you in the tutorial.
It explains where to put is as well.

In the workspace? I did that. Didn’t work.

Yes, that’s where it would be.
Did you leave the Base in the Workspace and not rename it?
Did you rename the wheels properly as stated in the Tutorial?
Are you getting any errors in the Output window?

I built the model from the instructions, step by step and it worked perfectly. Make sure you rename the wheel Models properly and don’t leave anything Anchored.

I didn’t not rename the base, and I renamed the tires, but the instructions barely told me what to do.
How are young developers supposed to understand it?

Wait, I forgot to weld the wheels. Heh whoopsies

The tutorial shows you the mouse clicks and what to do with the videos.
Granted, they don’t tell you the importance of how the script works in relation to the sections of the car in Workspace.

However, looking at your picture on the first version of your Roblox car I can see the weld to one of the front wheels (green line) which shouldn’t be there. Also the welds to the 2 rear axles are shown in grey which indicates that the axles are still Anchored.

So back to my car, what script would I use for my car? I have never scripted a car before.

It’s very similar to the one in the demo place.
I’d put all the car items in a model then put the script in the VehicleSeat, and change the location of the items called for in the script like:
seat = script.Parent
LR = seat.Parent.WheelLR
RR = seat.Parent.WheelRR
LF = seat.Parent.WheelLF
… and so on

How would I do the script? Like what would it be.

You see the script for the Roblox car? Use that and modify it to work in your model as I suggested.

That’s just changing the names though.

That’s just changing the names though. (Forgot to reply to yours and not the topc)

Yes, but changing the names changes what the script is referencing. The script works for that car and it’ll work for yours too if you make some modifications.
If you want to send me a private message with the car model I can do the mods for you later tonight.