Why won't my car work?

Here is the ID: 5880995360 It’s a bit different, and you will have to add a vehicle seat.

The model isn’t free.
If you want you can just make it a model and download (export) the model to your computer then include a copy of that file in a reply here or a private message if you don’t want anyone to have a copy.

(Sorry, should have typed save instead of export the model.)

FirstCar.obj (103.5 KB)

1 Like

Sorry, it has to be a .rbxm file, not a .obj file.
I looked at it in Blender (where you can make Meshes out of .obj files) and I noticed that you don’t use Wedges. The entire front of the car could be made with 3 Parts and 3 Wedges and fit together much more neatly. You can also move and resize the Parts and Wedges so they match up more evenly.
You can make it a .rbxm file by right clicking the model, then selecting Save to file from the menu that pops up. Keep an eye on where the file gets saved to so you can find it easily when you upload it in your next post.

I can’t use blender because of a “graphics card” And it took me 30 mins to save to anything.

So save to fill to send it to them, not export.

Oh. Heh, whoops. :neutral_face: Sorry.

I think it might be out of gas.

My car.rbxm (7.0 KB)

There we go.

Ok sweet.
At work now (8:30am), should be able to look at it later tonight.
Would you like the wheels tucked inside the body, with wheel wells? Shouldn’t be too difficult.

To me, it doesn’t really matter.

I rebuilt your car with the car kit’s wheels, suspension and steering.
You may want to go into the script to modify the car’s handling, but it seems pretty good for a starter car at the moment.
kyleskate226’s Car.rbxm (17.5 KB)

How do I open it in Roblox Studio? I can’t find the file.

When you click on the blue text it should download into your downloads folder in your computer, most times your computer will say something like ‘saving to… (the file location)’.
When you open Studio, click File > Open from file (I think, or something similar) and check your Downloads folder or wherever the file was downloaded to. When you select the file the model should be put into whatever Place you have open in Studio.

It’s not there, it just won’t show up. But do you mean go to file, open it from Roblox?

I gave you the model which you should have downloaded to your computer by clicking on the blue file from 5 posts up. It should be saved in your Downloads folder, but when you download it have a look at where it is being saved to so you can make sure.

Open your place in Studio.
At the top left of Studio is the File tab, click that. A dropdown menu will appear with ‘Open from file’. Click that.
Find the file in your computer and select it, it should put the model into your place and you can move it to wherever you want to test it out.

One was where it was located, the other one was in Studio

Look at the left of the first picture. The file is saved in your Music folder. Search there when you look for it when you are in Studio.

In the second picture you are looking in your Downloads folder (This PC>Downloads>My car).