Why won't my Mesh visually appear in Roblox?

Why won’t my Floor Mesh appear in Roblox? I have another entirely flat face asset which is the roof that loads in, but the floor don’t. I mean the Hitbox and all gets there, but it’s not visually showing. Is it because Roblox sucks? - and that I should move back to Source engine?

1 Like

“Is it because Roblox sucks” is a really silly way to query for a solution :stuck_out_tongue:

When you try uploading the mesh, is there anything that shows up in the Output window, usually pertaining to a moderated name? Often times failed asset uploads are attributed to mis-filtered file names, resulting in a failed upload. Even with some of the most mundane names this can happen, so it’s always the first thing to check when troubleshooting.

If this wasn’t the issue, provide more info, such as tri counts, Studio views, upload methods, etc. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Typically, meshes that don’t appear if an import does not fail don’t appear because the mesh normals aren’t all pointing in the intended direction. I recommend recalculating normals for the mesh and/or solidifying it if you are still having issues after checking for errors and trying again.