Why wont my mobile weapon gui work?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I want to add a custom mobile ability GUI to a weapon im reworking, and the buttons will not work at all, yet they work fine on pc.

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

it just will not activate

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

I saw in another article that it was caused by a auto scale gui plugin, which i do have one of those and did use it. However, i do not know if im just doing it wrong. No errors occur in the output either.

1 Like

Instead of having:

Gui.["your gui name idk"].Activated:Connect(function()

Do;

Gui.["Your GUI Name"].MouseButton1Down:Connect(function()
1 Like

doesn’t work either, but since it’s a mobile gui, I will try to do TouchTap:Connect()

1 Like

That is wierd, is your GUI an image button?

Edit: Also it always works for me so Idk why it aint working for you.

1 Like

No, it is a normal text button

1 Like

These buttons usually work for me, it’s just that I think my auto scale plugin curropted it, as it happened to another person. If it did, I will just replace the buttons.

1 Like

Alright, when you’re auto scaling a GUI, use Auto Scale Lite as it’s the best one out there, and it doesnt corrupt anything. Just install it, click Unit Conversion, a menu will appear, click scale for both options, but DO NOT CLICK OFFSET.

2 Likes

That must be why, I accidentally pressed offset at first. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Are you sure that the RemoteEvents are firing or the event is being received? Just add print statements to check if they run and lmk.

2 Likes

Yes, it works perfectly fine on the pc, version, I will be finishing the abilities then I will bug test on mobile, and fix it.

no problem, good luck on your game!