Wi-fi dropping on Mac (and some PCs)

I’m pretty sure that playing Roblox has destroyed the strength of my Mac’s wi-fi. I haven’t played a Roblox game for months until a year ago, and that’s when this issue started happening. I’ve reset my Mac, i’ve reset my router and connected devices, i’ve reinstalled Roblox, but there doesn’t seem to be a permanent solution.

I’m very determined that it’s the client that’s causing these random drops, but i’m not exactly sure how or why. Since said year ago, I’ve never had this problem before, and it does happen even when i’m not playing Roblox- if rarely. I’ve tried online solutions but it doesn’t seem to be a “standard” malfunction.

I get that the game data being blown at my client may be too much for my computer to handle, but my computer acts like I turned off my wi-fi and back on in the same second.

EDIT: Changed to official client bug report, I guess this is a real issue.

1 Like

I’ve had an issue before on Windows where instead of dropping wifi it just drops my network speed to some insanely low number and data ignored on the ROBLOX client goes through the roof. Not sure if it’s a related issue.

I run on MacBook Pro and have the same problem.

I get the same problem as OP. I have a routers that has 2 different access points (one faster than the other apparently, idk I’m not a tech wiz), and sometimes when playing ROBLOX, my connection will just stop and I get like 0 Bars for my connection to my router, when this happens I just switch over to my second access point and everything works fine. However my computer cannot connect to the old access point for anywhere between 5-40 minutes.

Same issue; this happened a lot on my windows 10 laptop and recently to my new desktop. I have tons of ram and my connection is strong, and it only happens when I start a Roblox game.

I haven’t had any issues with internet specially on my Mac. Connecting and using Roblox works fine for me about 90% of the time.

Now issues with my internet is different because my ISP is pretty crappy.

1 Like

My Windows laptops (7, 8.1, and 10) run into this issue when they are on the floor above the router and wi-fi range extender. I don’t think Roblox is able to handle packet loss due to signal issues due to things like vertical connections, but I am not sure.

The glitch has gotten really bad tonight. I tried playing Apocalypse Rising, and now my wi-fi is consistently shutting off every 3 to 5 minutes. I really think this is a serious problem- if the client kills my internet in the middle of a conflict, i’m going to get combat logged because the game thinks I’ve left on purpose (among other serious issues).

EDIT: Since this post, I tried to record the glitch happening in Apocalypse Rising (with QuickTime screen recording) but it hasn’t occurred again at all. I’m not sure if I bypassed it or if it just didn’t happen in the 2 hour window. I got some funny gameplay though.

EDIT: It’s only happening when i’m not recording my screen. Go figure. I’ll use my iPhone’s camera if I have to, I just want Roblox to notice this huge issue. I got combat logged!