Widespread roblox website connection error; "This Service is Unavailable"

I’m also able to reproduce this, if it continues to grow in players being effected, I’d suggest marking it as critical.

this is happening roblox

I believe its likely due to the administrators being already well aware of the situation whilst we are all screaming “CRITICAL” to them.

4 Likes

Can confirm, on both mobile and computer (If that helps).

2 Likes

Very upsetting that I have ads running and I will not be refunded for the time period that ROBLOX goes down for.

10 Likes

The team is aware and investigating. Thanks for the heads up!

97 Likes

Can only access things like the site’s favicon.

1 Like

I regained access for the home page then reloaded it again and boom, it says this again:
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 10.04.35 PM

1 Like

Although I can’t fully confirm this, I’m pretty sure ads go up to the Impression number and not actually 24 hours - it just makes sure that the number is hit within 24 hours.

In other words, as no one can access the site it won’t tally.

This is just an assumption as what goes in the background during situations like this in regards to ads is not spoken of. In Roblox’s eyes however, they probably don’t do much unless its a large inconvenience seeming as its just as much a hit for them as it is for you.

5 Likes

Can confirm, happening, as well as 502 Error.

1 Like

Literally just happened to me. Either error 502 or The service is unavailable. Funny thing is, I was typing to a friend these exact words: I think roblox is cr- Then it crashed for me. Roblox outages are going up too on there. Went from 3600 to 7159+ in a minute. image

UPDATE: The roblox status finally says that it was down.
update 2: It went up for me for a little bit, but it’s back down. Now the status says

Edit: Because I’ve started to get some messages regarding the websites of these pictures, here. https://roblox.status.io/ is the status website, the other website is https://downdetector.com/status/roblox/

Last edit because it’s fixed, I managed to send the i think roblox is crashing message, here it is. image

7 Likes

I can see the home page but it is not navigatable. If this is not fixed, I’m afraid I might not be here for a while. A TON of people may not be here for a while.

I’m not getting the error right now, I’ll update if I get the error message again.

EDIT
Games are failing to show

3 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 10.12.25 PM
More than doubled in the past 5 minutes!

12 Likes

Although the site is down, Roblox Studio still works fine. Although it signs you out, it still allows you to sign back in.

Edit: Studio no longer works

23 Likes

I hope that while the services are down and the team is investigating, Roblox can also investigate into other (potentially linked) server-side problems and batch-ship a full server fix. My productivity’s been much lower without the convenience of being able to open new places without erroring.

24 Likes

I am now getting a 503 error.

22 Likes

can I just add in that if this error goes on for another hour to possibly get a refund for the sponsors that I’m running on my game? it’s not attracting anyone when the websites and apps are shut down.

this also goes for ads that are running, would definitely like a refund as there’s no audience whatsoever.

51 Likes

Roblox has been completely inaccessible for over two hours, many games are losing a lot of profit and everyone is waiting for news on when services will be back up. Could we possibly get an update on the status of this issue?

46 Likes

Yeah, getting a small update on progression would be an enjoyment for me. Keep in mind ROBLOX has done this been through this process before. The site may come up in an hour or two, who knows.
Let’s just give it time, I suppose.

15 Likes