Widgets Reset when playtesting, and opening a new studio

So basically whenever we restart studio (for some of us) our widgets reset. Completely.

Adding onto this, whenever we playtest, random plugins decide to just open. Every single time you playtest. Even if you’ve got them closed.

I have all the beta features enabled.

Before play test

After play test

WHY IS THIS PLUGIN OPENING. It’s not the plugin because its literally random. Others are having this same issue with different plugins.

Expected behavior

I want this stuff to save. And I want these widgets to stop opening when I play test.

15 Likes

Having the same issues. Really annoying and ruining my workflow.

3 Likes

I believe this bug started when Roblox Studio updated yesterday. After the update, panels in Roblox Studio either got opened on their own or rearranged itself. Luckily, rearranging them back to their original state saved (for me at least), but panels opening themselves still persist.

In my case, opening Roblox Studio or starting a play test brings up the packet chart menu. Another developer stated that their number sequence editor menu opens up rather than my packet chart menu.

The initial opening of Roblox Studio yesterday with panels rearranged and opened

The packet chart opening during Roblox Studio start up or starting a play test

1 Like

Extremely annoying bug, I hope they fix this really soon.

Can’t playtest without this popping up every single time.

2 Likes

Been having this issue as well since my fresh install of Windows about a week ago.

Also experiencing certain plugin widgets opening up during Run in studio even though they aren’t currently opened.

3 Likes

I am still experiencing this issue.
My output keeps disappearing when launching a local test server and its so annoying as im unable to see both server errors and client errors or prints when debugging.

1 Like

This has also been an issue for me. I’ve tolerated it for the past few days, but it’s starting to really get on my nerves. Hopefully they can roll out a fix for this soon!

1 Like

Currently experiencing this too, a bit annoying to have multiple plugins open up when playtesting in the center of the screen honestly

Experiencing the same, 2 of the plugins that I have open to the bottom and the left every other playtest which gets tedious closing em each time

It has been happening to me too, I’ve been having this issue since 2022 I think, even before the docks were updated. Another annoying issue is that your studio window layouts reset sometimes (by window I mean like, the property tab, that kind of window).

I’ve noticed this too. I had to turn of the plugins to make it stop. I think is issue is related to the Faster Solo Play beta feature that they have been having a lot of problems with. I’ve turned that feature off and the issue disappeared.