Wiki: Part limit documentation for FindPartsIn Region3WithIgnoreList is incorrect

According to this post (from June 2017!), there is no limit:

Only FindPartsInRegion3WithIgnoreList has this problem. The other pages are fine, but it would be great if all pages included a note, “if math.huge is passed in for maxParts, there will be no limit”

Additionally, FindPartsInRegion3WithWhiteList has an excellent explanation on how Region3s work, but you wouldn’t know that if you look at any of the other Region3 pages. It would be great if all FindPartsInRegion3 pages linked to it.

Discourse thinks that “FindPartsInRegion3WithIgnoreList” makes the title unclear, so I had to split it up :frowning:

2 Likes

cc @MisterNeutron @IgnisRBX

Oh my god.
FindPartsInRegion3 was exactly what I needed for a project, but I had to forego using it because of the alleged limit (I trusted the wiki, and didn’t do any tests of my own).
And now I am learning that the limit doesn’t exist

I made a few changes to FindPartsInRegion3WithIgnoreList based on your suggestions. Would you take a look and let me know if I captured your feedback properly? I will also work to add a link to FindPartsInRegion3WithWhiteList from other Region3 pages.

2 Likes

You missed a sentence here:

Still implies it will limit to 100.

1 Like

smacks head - good catch, thank you.

4 Likes