Wiki url needs to remove dot at the end of url

There’s a bug in the url,
where if you post the url below, into any online social media,
it doesn’t work, as it doesn’t manage to hyperlink the dot at the end of the url.
If you copy/past the url below, it works.

Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub.

There shouldn’t be a dot at the end of a URL…

There can be a .filetype like .html or .php but not just .

It’s a parameter, so it can be there. It’s looking for the article with that title, and the ‘.’ is part of the title, but hyperlinks don’t recognize that portion as part of the title.

It would be encoded. As a reference, spaces are encoded as %20 in URLs.

I don’t think periods get encoded as anything else. Try running encodeURIComponent(".") in the JavaScript console.

But yeah it doesn’t look like common auto-hyperlink things include the period at the end, even though it’s technically valid within the query string. On Gmail, I have to explicitly create the hyperlink with the period at the end. If I don’t it automatically creates the hyperlink and discludes the period. I imagine this is because many parsers probably just see the period as the end of a sentence and thus ignore it. Many people probably post links at the end of sentences or something.

So yeah, probably best to avoid having any Wiki pages that have a link ending with a period. To solve this, you could just add on a pointless parameter to the query string:
http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Player_Tools_%E2%80%93_Weapons,_Wands,_etc.&hello

2 Likes