Will I Be Punished for Transferring Robux From Group to Account?

Around an hour ago, someone purchased a map from me and paid through a gamepass linked through a group game.

If I was to transfer 55,000 Robux from my group to my account, would Roblox shut down my group and/or delete my account?

I’ve heard of cases of this happening, and legitimate groups getting shut down along with the Robux being erased. Will Roblox moderation know if my group is genuine or not and will they be forgiving?

2 Likes

I mean, no one knows what Roblox will do. The best bet is probably to either payout like a few thousand at a time, or go for it and if anything happens, you appeal with all the proof. Roblox’s moderation has been going crazy.

3 Likes

I recently tried to appeal for my old account that was terminated for “adult content” even though it was a virus within a free model. AND IT WASN’T EVEN ME. I was in a team-create. I am giving up at this point lol.

It’s a popular method people use to third party sell R$ since there isn’t a fee for these transactions, so you’ll never be a 100% certain. It will all depend whether or not the system flags your transaction as possibly fraudulent.

I have no idea how they moderate this, but I would imagine that a staff member manually reviews the transactions from your group if it does ever get flagged. If it was clear that this R$ came from a legit source, for a legitimate service, I think you’ll be fine. If the group and or its owner does get moderated however, you can just appeal the case with whatever evidence you’re able to provide. It shouldn’t leave a mark on your account history that can impact future developer exchanges, so long as you can succesfully rebuttal the case.

2 Likes

From my experience,

If your group isn’t randomly paying out to random people who have no signs that they are otherwise working for you (i.e. a role with administrative permissions/developer perms,) this failsafe doesn’t tend to trigger.

It’s also less likely if your group has a history of smooth transactions/payouts, as in; no Robux has been deducted from the related revenue points due to a rollback or other anti-fraud countermeasures (if they even have any…)

I’d be careful, and if you do decide to heed such advice, do it in eighths, quarters, or 25k (halves) each, and wait about 8 hours per payout. Should be safe that way, in the case that you’re not safe and disciplinary action is taken, make support’s ear bleed because that’s honestly ridiculous.

2 Likes

Just cash it all in. I do it every month.

Thanks for the suggestions, but what do you mean by this?

Sorry, late response, was busy;

by “Revenue points” I refer to any payout sum that was previously transacted through your group. If you have no cases of a payout being regarded as fraudulent and consequently the recipient receiving a rollback deduction and possible disciplinary actions, you’re good.

tl;dr: If you haven’t payed out stolen Robux (that was recovered by Roblox) before, the chances of this happening are even lower. (Based on my experience and some fellow dev friends experiences.)

1 Like

Okay, that’s great. This is the first transaction I’ve done through the group.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.