WIll I get copyrighted for this?

Basically, me and my friend is making a game(Pretty much meme based)

Now, I just have a question.

I’m basically adding a 'Walter White" entity. Not gonna specify what it is(Don’t want to spoil the game). Will AMC blast me with the power of DMCA violation if I do this? I’m really not familliar with copyright-based stuff.

It has a ‘Say my name’ ability which protects the user from enemies for 30 secs, and deals 50 dmg to all in range

I don’t think you would. From a quick search of “walter white” in the games search, there’s a bunch of related games that have yet to be taken down.

You could potentially get a warning or ban, though, since in breaking bad they cook drugs, if that wasn’t obvious enough.

Oh…

Thanks! Would I be able to hide myself if I name it just 'Walter"? Or ‘Heisenberg’?

I guess if a moderation bot were to try and take it down, it might work, but if it does break TOS in some way and a human moderator sees it, probably not.

Well thanks for your advice mate!

1 Like

In general, no. It is unlikely that AMC would pursue any legal action if you add a Walter White entity to your game. However, it is important to be aware of the potential legal risks associated with using copyrighted material in your game.

First, it is important to consider the scope of your use of the copyrighted material. If you are using the copyrighted material in a way that is likely to cause confusion as to the source of the game or as to the endorsement of the game by the copyright holder, you may be at risk of infringement.

Second, you should also consider the potential impact on the market for the copyrighted material. If your use of the copyrighted material is likely to reduce the potential market for the copyrighted material, you may be at risk of infringement.

Finally, you should also consider the potential impact of your use on the copyright holder’s reputation and goodwill. If your use of the copyrighted material could damage the copyright holder’s reputation or goodwill, you may be at risk of infringement.

In conclusion, it is important to carefully consider the scope and market impact of your use of the copyrighted material before you use it, and to be aware of the potential legal risks associated with using copyrighted material.

Well, I don’t think my tower would cause any confusion or anything, because it’s just a minor part of my game. I just made it because of Walter White memes