Will I get in trouble if I re-upload audio not made by me?

Greetings, so as you might know, Roblox is basically making all audio private. I have a few sound effects not made by me, however, I want to download them to be able to re-use them.

Bloxy Kart Classic and Bloxy Kart Rewrite will be heavily impacted by this change.

Thanks for reading.
Looking forward to your response.

17 Likes

I guess as long as there is no copyright, they can’t do anything against you?

8 Likes

It would be the safest assumption nothing is free, and everything is copyrighted/licensed somewhere. Can they not be exchanged for some of the SFX Roblox is providing, or ones you can purchase license to use?

3 Likes

I don’t think Roblox has that many engine sounds, or loading sounds.

I don’t want to spend money at the moment. Saving for something expensive irl :eyes:

Since they are versions of the game for the OG players, I do not want to hurt their feelings with replaced sounds.

2 Likes

Same as YouTube - just find sounds that are labeled as “Royalty Free”. I use SoundsCrate because they gave me free lifetime premium, but it has free SFX too. You can also use freesound.

3 Likes

Indeed.
Your account can get banned.
You might be sued.
You could be forced to pay a fee.
Your company could be taken down.
You could go to prison.

3 Likes

I doubt if I reupload Deaf Kev - Invincible or something else I will go to court and then go to jail.

6 Likes

From the words of Roblox:

“If you don’t remove any copyrighted music, and it is flagged by our Moderation team, we will automatically replace the music with Licensed Music. Your account will not receive moderation, but any music that is replaced as part of this process will not receive a refund.”

Not too sure if this principle still applies, but I would assume it is since the page hasn’t been updated to consider the new changes.

Link

3 Likes

If have no copyright no problem

4 Likes

If you are talking about an audio that you wanted to re-upload which was previously free to take from anyone on the website then why would you get in trouble if the owner of the audio put it on the website in the first place so that other users can have authorized access to it?

It would only make sense for your account to be in major risk if you are downloading a copyrighted material from an off-site platform (like youtube) and then upload it to Roblox.

2 Likes

It isn’t possible to get legal actions, but it depends on what the situation is.

No, you will not get sent to prison.
However, you could be warned about this.
And it is very unlikely, but you may get banned.

4 Likes

No, They will just delete the audio.

1 Like