Will you get banned for using the same name as another game?

I’m a beginner scripter and I’m close to finishing my first game(I’ve already paid someone to make the thumbnail and the icon) . I just realized that it has the same name as a famous (Roblox) game, so I went on the Roblox ToS and I couldn’t find anything that directly said this wasn’t allowed. By the way, my game is a very generic simulator.

4 Likes

You probably wont it just might get deleted if you are copying any assets of the game.

3 Likes

No it is perfectly fine to use the same name as another game as long as you aren’t using any of their assets such as a logo or thumbnail without permission.

However I would advise you to come up with a unique game name as having the same name as a popular game will make it hard for your game to become better.

2 Likes

No, only stealing assets, thumbnails, and stuff of that nature can get you warned/banned

2 Likes

What do you mean by assets? (30chars)

There could be a chance of them issuing a DMCA if they have a trademark on the name (which I think happened to Skyblox, they had to change it to Islands). But I don’t think you would get banned though, the game would just get taken down until the name is changed.

4 Likes

They can’t claim a game name if it is generic, so as long as you don’t steal assets from them then you are in the clear.

2 Likes

Stolen models, or images, or stuff like that

1 Like

You won’t get banned for using the same name for your game as another. Stuff like stolen models, thumbnails, etc. without permission will possibly get you a warning or most likely your account will be banned for a few days depending how much assets you’ve stolen. Would recommend not to use the same name from other games because for example, if I search up mad city, a lot of other games will just have mad city as the name and most of them with 0-500 players playing it, and most of them not relating to jailbreak either. Better to use a unique name for the game, but it’s good to use reference names for it though. Good luck with your game. :+1:

3 Likes

Assets that hopefully weren’t leaked by some rogue developer (which would include server scripts), but that are marked for that game’s ownership

1 Like

The same name wouldn’t get you banned. If you use their assets without permission then that could get you banned

2 Likes

You won’t get banned, but you might get some hate. I would rename the game something else to avoid any hate or backlash. You might not get any though.

1 Like

You wouldn’t, only if you used stolen assets.
You shoul also use a different game name.

2 Likes

I can’t use a different name because I already paid someone to make a thumbnail which has the name of the game on it.

1 Like

probably not, just thumnails, icons, some models. but say for some names you can… (i learned this from flamingo) but he said that starbucks tried to sew roblox, so for names like that, im pretty sure it might get deleted. but other than that you should be fine! :smiley:

Nah , It’s fine if you don’t use any assets from that game, like models , or stole the game icon , thumbnails , things like that, and in case you can’t have the same name Roblox maybe just take down the game till you change the name, that would be all.