"Wind Quartet No. 1 in Bb Major" Composition

I decided to write for something smaller than I usually do just to see what sound I could get out of it. What I got was this short and simple wind quartet composition.

Any feedback on the theme, feeling it gives off, story, etc is appreciated! As well as any feedback on mixing, structure, orchestration, etc!

Also here is the clarinet solo, I don’t know why but I just love the melody line so much.

8 Likes

is your talent for sale

2 Likes

really nice dude - if your looking for something different can i recommend FamiStudio - its basically fruity loops but for 8-bit NES chiptunes - i been loving the hell out of it recently, i been finding it really helpful to compose with an extremely limited palette… it gives you time to work on the real minutia of rhythm and waveform etc… :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha, yes; I do commissions. You can check out my portfolio here!

1 Like

That looks really interesting. I’ll have to look into it one day, always nice to try different genres/sounds!

2 Likes

what program are you using btw?

1 Like

I use MuseScore to score everything and then send the MIDI files to Logic Pro where I mix everything using the BBCSO.

2 Likes

It sounds like a little wander in a peaceful forest, it’s very peaceful and relaxing, but it kind of sounds bright and the tempo isn’t too slow so it’s not the kind of peaceful where it makes you feel sleepy you know?
Anyways, it sounds great as always!

1 Like