Winter Showcase/Art

Looking for feedback on the creation i made with Chef_Tortelini!
Feel free to write any opinions you have,I will take them as positive feedback for my future projects!

Place Link : Cold Winter Cabin

This is a Showcase,There is no goal to the game!

7 Likes

Okayโ€ฆThat is one of my favorite Cabin builds Iโ€™ve ever seen!! I love that itโ€™s so detailed, but you detailed it in all the right places. :slight_smile:

I honestly donโ€™t have anything that bad to say about itโ€ฆItโ€™s just me being nit-picky on a few places.

Firstly, in multiple places, you have overlapping partsโ€ฆSuch as these:

Pot Snow

Personally, I wouldโ€™ve liked to see custom bricks for the steps, like the ones you did for the base of the cabin.

BricksStairs

And the bricks at the cabin, I think they should meet up better at the corners so they appear to be continuous, as youโ€™d see on a normal house.

Bricks

Inside of the cabin and to the left, I noticed a very small gap in the wallโ€ฆ

And outside, I like the barrel thing, but I donโ€™t think the texture of the door matches the barrel itself. It seems too out of place to me.

Texture

Again, itโ€™s very well made and I think you did a wonderful job on it. Those are just my very nit-picky critiques. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks amazing! I especially like the particle effects, theyโ€™re really well made!

2 Likes

Thanks for the great Feedback!,I respect this.:smiley:

1 Like

It looks really amazing and I like your attention to detail. Great work :+1:

1 Like

My main critique is that you lack a consistent level of detail. Youโ€™ll have a highly interior food etcetera and then then this for snow.
Snow

Not that Im say you did, but it just gives off the same vibe free models do just because of how big of a difference in quality of this build there are.

Thanks! Ill try better nextime,all those snow-lines are hand made,and this is a project i made with a beginner builder to give him a chance,to join in with me. We will fix these little errors soon :slight_smile:

Awesome showcase, I really enjoy your use of particles and lighting in places where people would usually ignore it. The only thing I also noticed as said in another reply, the consistency of detail is off but overall it does look great!

Also, respect for letting a beginner builder work with you. Always nice introducing new people to the development world.

1 Like

This game gives the perfect holiday/winter effect with the lighting and environment. Good work!

I hate to reiterate as many things have already been said on this thread, but I believe this showcase has some great attention to detail in some often-unexpected areas. It gives a cold ambience which immediately feels very warm as soon as you enter the house.

In addition, the northern lights feel like a great touch that would not be unfitting in a much larger fleshed out environment.

A touch that may have been nice to add is some variance to the ice, whether thatโ€™s randomly generated cracks or chunks of the ice missing. Besides some of the aforementioned quirks that often come with building in Roblox, I believe itโ€™s a nice build overall. I do think something that would be beneficial to the game would be either a โ€œshadowโ€ block in front of this gate (with collisions turned off), or just more of a lighting shift (perhaps flickering lights would be nice).

1 Like

Sorry for the late reaction, but this is great!

2 Likes