Witcher 3 style / Realistic Katana Showcase + Dojo Model

Hello there!

I’ve started development on a more realistic, Witcher 3 style katana and I’d love to hear your thoughts and get some feedback on what I got so far.
Here’s a showcase I recorded inside of a dojo model I made myself. Please tell me what you think about it too! :smiley:

And a short fight with myself :sweat_smile:

Lastly a picture of the dojo model from outside

For now I’ve got two basic slash animations for when the player is standing still, and two thrusting animations when the player is moving. I’ve tried to add some visual effects as well, which were losely based on this video by falco blockland.
All the animations are based upon free mocapped animations from mixamo, and then edited quite a bit by me.
I programmed everything by myself, except for the hitbox module made by Swordphin123. (See this post)
Here’s a short demonstration of the hitbox (the red trails are for demonstration purposes only, they are not actually there in-game, nor do they stay that long)

I plan on adding many more features in the future, but I was wondering what your thoughts and opinions would be on what I have so far.
If you have any suggestions for features to add be sure to let me know! :smiley:

Have a nice day!

15 Likes

Ok I feel like the animation is good but i feel like the red trail is kinda in a way if you are fighting someone and its kinda distracting. Dojo preety good though.

The red trail was a showcase of the hitbox :sweat_smile: those aren’t actually there in game, like in the first two videos.

1 Like

oh ok preety good but decorate the dojo or something kinda plain and empty

1 Like

Yeah, I could probably add some more details like a katana holder or something. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I really enjoy this creation. I can’t believe you made all this stuff so well! Bravo!

1 Like

This animation is amazing! Along with the dojo, it looks phenomenal. It’s super realistic, too. Nice job, as always! :+1:

1 Like