With linear velocity, how would i make the player go upwards and forwards at the same time?

I’ve tried different ways but they don’t go foward where the player faces or they just fail so badly.
I’m Using linear Velocity for this

Have you tried using Character:GetPivot().LookVector and Character:GetPivot().UpVector?

1 Like

Im not sure how to use those in Linear Velocity

I’m making a trampoline so I want to boost the player forwards and upwards with linearvelocity or anykind of velocity, i just don’t know how to do it properly. For now it launches the player upwards

I made a simple script that sends you both up and in the direction you are looking at.

local cd = false
script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(hit) --script.Parent is a part, in Workspace
	if cd then return end
	cd = true
	if hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") then
		local veloc = Instance.new("LinearVelocity",hit.Parent)
		veloc.Attachment0 = hit.Parent.HumanoidRootPart.RootRigAttachment
		veloc.VectorVelocity = (hit.Parent:GetPivot().LookVector*10 + hit.Parent:GetPivot().UpVector*5)*10
		--LookVector is the direction the player is looking at - when looking straight forward, this is (0,0,-1)
		--UpVector is the direction which is defined as up - by default, this is (0,1,0)
		veloc.MaxForce = 5000
		veloc.RelativeTo = Enum.ActuatorRelativeTo.World
		game:GetService("Debris"):AddItem(veloc,2)
	end
	wait(2)
	cd = false
end)
2 Likes

This works better than mine expect for some reason it still does not send you to the direction youre looking at. (Thank you for making me this)