Words in different languages sound like curse words in English

Sorry if this is the wrong topic, but my question delay with sound, and this topic is about sound too so, I thought it would be right too.

Anyways, I’m making a game where you learn different languages and there is a speak option, the speak option plays someone saying the word. My problem is that some words when said in that language and with the accent, it sounds like curse words in English, and I know sound moderation is very strict, so what should I do?

2 Likes

Censor those words even if they aren’t actual swears. The default Roblox censoring is strict in weird ways so people will be used to it censoring some odd things and won’t necessarily notice your game has additional filtering.

3 Likes

I’d first make it clear that the audio isn’t a swear word. So appropriately title your description and title (assuming the mod team looks at those)! If you get moderated, I would just appeal stating that it sounds similar to a curse word but is actually an innocent word in a different language. But I would just steer clear from uploading them, because of the strict moderation system and the difficulty of appealing. It’s easy for it to be misinterpreted.

1 Like

I don’t recommend you to play those words, maybe censor or just don’t add them.

1 Like

You also could write the word and change the sound of the word.

Your game idea sounds great! you really should not censor your game because of the ROBLOX moderation team linguistic inability.

But if it does occur that you get moderated because of a word sounding like a curse word in English. I recommend emailing ROBLOX directly or explaining the audio that you upload via its name e.g; ( This is a foreign word and not an English curse word stop denying it)

1 Like