Working on a Farm Life Sim [Devlog]

I recently started working on a Stardew Valley like game. So far I’ve finished the farming system, mining system, and the inventory system. It would be really helpful if you could recommend features I could add to make it more unique and tell me what you think of my progress so far!

12 Likes

Wow, this looks awesome, can’t wait to see where this is going!

3 Likes

I really like it so far! Good luck on your project!

1 Like

If you made this then amazing job. It looks really nice, its important to have a strong, happy atmosphere for these types of games.

Looks really good!

1 Like

Devlog #2

-I changed the name from Terra Tales to Melody Ridge. Tell me which one you like more!
-I added the ability for the player to hoe the ground and to cover it back up when necessary.
-Created the dialogue menu and the gardening shop
-The ability to cut trees
-The day/night cycle with a functional clock and calendar
-I also created the energy bar so that if the player uses all of their energy, they’ll pass out and the next day will begin.
-This is my first time creating animations so please tell me what you think of the hoeing and passing out animations

1 Like

Devlog #3: Melody Ridge

Hello everyone! Welcome back to the third devlog for Melody Ridge. I’m excited to share some fantastic updates, including the new map, UI enhancements, and a sneak peek at upcoming features.

Village Map Development

Significant progress has been made on the village map where the player will live. Here is a list of buildings I’ve added to the village:

• General Store
  • Trading Post
  • Blacksmith
  • The Boutique
  • Restaurant
  • Town Hall
  • Mines
  • Clinic
  • Four Homes & Mayor’s Home
  • Player’s Home
  • Fish Shop

You can check out a full showcase of the updated map here:

UI Enhancements

The UI has been revamped to be more aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly. Here’s a glimpse of the updated UI:

In addition, a new radial UI has been created for interactions with villagers:

Upcoming Features

• Finishing the Map: Only a few more buildings to add.
  • Friendship/Marriage System: Work is underway to bring relationships to life in my game.
  • Pathfinding System: Ensuring NPCs can navigate the village efficiently.
  • Placement System: Allowing players to place objects within their home and farm
  • Leveling System: Adding progression mechanics for players.

Stay tuned for future updates as I continue to build and improve Melody Ridge. You can favorite the game on Roblox and follow me on Twitter for more updates!

2 Likes