Working on a new FPS Engine

This is the demo place, I know I’ve got some features to fix up, it reuses alot of code from my last engine, but this time around I’m putting extra focus on the graphics…

I call it the Vortex Engine:

11 Likes

Looks pretty good visually, but there isn’t a way for me to actually test the game. I wouldn’t go to say the game is great considering the demo costs 25 Robux, when demos in general are free.

From the single screenshot, there isn’t any UI of any sort, so the game is just raw shooting. I don’t think the game has a specific goal other than shoot other players, try adding some UI, such as health, ammunition, specific details, and some more. Otherwise it just looks like a random render based from the screenshot.

My only main feedback is the problem with the demo costing 25 Robux. Make the demo free so any user could test it. Otherwise feedback isn’t really an option to help you unless someone pays the fee that most likely isn’t worth it.

Based off of the screenshot itself, I would probably rate the game a 5/10. Looks good, but gameplay is most likely boring.

question, since you’ve only done the arms viewmodel, when are you going to do the whole body and how?

The body isn’t a viewport, instead he’ll be changing the offset of the joints and playing the animations on the character and gun

The Hands are just a placeholder for now, what’s most important was animating the skeletal structure of the rig. I can then use the same rigging on my own character models in the future, which will allow for arms that match the character.

Characters will be done in a similar vein. I can’t use any roblox animations, but I do have my own animations for them anyways.

1 Like