Working on a *Photorealistic* Horror Game!

What is Bliss?

Bliss is a company founded on May 1967, specializing in gentle and fragrant essentials. Dedicated to bringing a touch of magic into homes worldwide, or so they thought.

Their reputation was tarnished beyond repair with the launch of their new product: ‘Fresher Home: Lavender Plus’. What was meant to be a soothing scent turned into a hazardous nightmare.

Was it a tragic accident, or had the CEO secretly ordered the chemists to sabotage the formula for revenge after the public condemned his daughter to a tragic fate?

In-game

You’ve crashed into Bliss’ facility, which was deserted decades ago. The only thing on your mind is to escape.

The facility lies abandoned, yet the story and its tragedy still linger in the air.

Screenshots

Soundtracks

Title: Short Circuit
Context: Darkness Soundtrack
Producer: me :wink:

Title: Light The Gas Up
Context: Running Away From Lavender Gas Leakage Soundtrack

What do you think about this Photorealistic Horror Game?

Are you interested? Curious? Do you like the lore? Are you excited to play it?
Let me know!

40 Likes

The textures look very realistic! I like the lore too! I’d be willing to play it once it’s released.

5 Likes

This looks great! It could look even better once they release 8K Textures. (It already looks insane how it is lol!)

3 Likes

WOW! That looks so realistic and cool! keep it up bro you’ll go far with it. Can’t wait for updates because the lore is also very interesting too

3 Likes

Woah. The textures look spot on. I think something you could do that makes your game stand out from the rest is to not fill it with tasks. A lot of horror games do this where they focus on playtime doing nonessential tasks. Or also have a maze like the Mimic does is now really boring. Maybe you could have something where the player collects notes and then it will be put into a journal where it slowly starts to tell the whole story.

2 Likes

looks cool, is it multiplayer?

1 Like

Yes, you’re allowed to host a lobby upto 4 players.

the looks. Great, better than most, but does the gameplay accompany that? Ive seen way too many games that look good but have either confusing puzzles, random items, or just time-wasting tasks, with bad ai included, and stupidly long chapters.

2 Likes

Yeah people look at just how the game looks, just because the game looks amazing doesnt mean it’s neccessarily amazing mechanic wise

I must agree, I sometimes play some random horror game and it’s either long because the gameplay was stretched or it’s long because of how buggy it is.

This horror game will not have a humanoid villain but it’s still as scary as having one.

Alright, but will it have any ai or death at all? Because ive also seen games that just dont have any death at all or ai and makes you walk for 15 minutes with the random jumpscares around the map like a pipe exploding

1 Like

Very cool! But I hope it’s not another walking/chore simulator

1 Like

The Antagonist of this game is the environment. The title of the first chapter is “Lavender Haze”, this will give you not so much but enough foreshadowing on what’s to come.

“Lavender Plus Gas” is a failed substance that’s harmful and it’s known that Bliss once intentionally leaked this gas as revenge to the public. This incident led to the Lavender Plus Gas spreading around the facility and that’s the main horror.

1 Like

Here’s the first look (or should I say, listen) of the Official Soundtracks of Bliss.

Title: Short Circuit
Context: Darkness Soundtrack

Title: Light The Gas Up
Context: Running Away From Lavender Gas Leakage Soundtrack

Title: Maintenance
Context: Puzzle Soundtrack

1 Like

Is multiple endings a flop or bop?

• BOP! :v:
  • FLOP! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

0 voters

any screenshots of anything on gameplay?

I wouldn’t go as far as to call it “photorealistic” but it’s certainly very close.

The lore seems interesting, not sure about the gameplay as you haven’t exactly provided anything, but I would definitely try it out when it comes out!

Some tips:
Although this might tank performance a bit, you can try simulating GI (Global Illumination). There are many free modules out there for GI, so I suggest you play around with them at different settings to see if the game can handle the extra resources it takes up.

I also suggest adding some extra textures to maybe spice it up a bit and add variation. The best of example of these repetitive textures is in the 2nd image, where we see the same floor texture going on for the whole span of the hallway.

I think it could look a lot better but unfortunately you’re limited by Roblox’s non-outstanding lighting system. : (

pls show us gameplay :pray: :pray: :pleading_face:

2 Likes