Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

did you manage to make the hazmat suits or not yet?

2 Likes

I’m working with layered clothing right now:
Capture d’écran 2022-07-21 180004
I think that the rig that I’m using is now fixed so it should work I’ll make and update on the topic later about if it worked or not

4 Likes

I wish I could help you but I don’t know anything about rigs or layered clothing

2 Likes

for now I’m trying to model a lab coat because its much more easy to make than the hazmat suit if I see that the lab coat worked then I’ll get to making the hazmat suit

3 Likes

ok, update on my layered clothing lab coat, I would say that its a success, well I messed up the left side but as you can see the right side is Perfect !

“I’ll of course fix that left side”

now there is another problem I’ve noticed that layered clothing does not work well on “non RTHRO characters” like specified on that post: 3D Layered Clothing is Now Available! - #396 by BronzedMocha

here is what it looks like on a non RTHRO character:

now I’ll try to modify the thing on blender and hopefully make it look better on non RTHRO characters

after having the lab coat finished I’ll get on making that hazmat suit

5 Likes

okay so the left side is now fixed:

but its still looking very bad on non RTHRO characters:

now I’ll try to do my best to make it look better on non RTHRO, if any one has any suggestion on how to make it look good on non RTHRO avatars it would help a lot.

8 Likes

Thats as good as it gets, roblox isn’t that advanced.

1 Like

Very good modern solution with doing your own layered clothing for your game.

2 Likes

I like where this is coming and I hope you can keep up the good work. I’ll be here watching over this post and if you need any advice or help, I’ll be around and the other developers will be there too.

1 Like

hey nacer, i recommend you just use 2d clothing as it looks much better

2 Likes

8 Likes

Is this in the reactor core room or where is it?

2 Likes

its the instructions for the reactor start-up in the conference room
Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 171955

and dont worry, no need to memorize the steps to start the reactor because everything is going to be in the “Objectives” UI and also there will be Billboard GUIs to know what buttons to press in every step.

4 Likes

Evaluate what percentage of the map building you are in because I’am curious.

1 Like

well I would say that the map is built I mean its true that there is some areas that I’m going to add like the area of the pumps and the turbines and I’ll also add some small details so I think that the map is maybe built at 70-80%… ?

1 Like

Is there a link to the game so I can check it out? Or are you only testing it in Studio?
Sorry for the inconveniance, I only noticed this topic now and don’t want to scroll through all the replies. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the game isn’t public yet still working on it*

1 Like

Good thing because I don’t wanna memorize all those steps just to start the reactor core up lol.

2 Likes

Agreed, it would take a while to memorise it and sending a screenshot of it makes it so much easier so that I could just read the instructions off from my phone, while playing Roblox on my computer when the game gets released. I’m definitely looking forward to that moment and keep up the good work.

2 Likes