Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

alright, I’ll reduce the ammount of lights

1 Like

PBR isn’t necessarily Surface Appearance. It’s a rendering technique that allows for surfaces to be shaded and lit more realistically. You get more stuff like auto reflective materials (based on Metalness and Roughness maps) light absorption, and fresnel (reflections becoming more pronounced at opaque angles just like in real life.)

Also, Surface Appearance if for adding custom materials in your game. you should definitely try it with textures from polyhaven.com, 3dtextures.me, or other websites that have free PBR textures.

3 Likes

thanks! ,I’ll check all of that and see what I can do.

1 Like

To enable PBR (Physically Based Rendering) go into the lighting tab and turn up both the EnvironmentalDiffuseScale (for ambient lighting) and EnvironmentalSpecularScale (for reflections) to the max.

2 Likes

Another great website. ambientcg.com ! The game is going to be amazing when it comes out! Make sure to get a discord server, and social media set up for a community! I hope a youtuber sees this!

2 Likes

8 Likes

the 666th post :o, but jokes aside, that map looks nice, how’d you make it?

4 Likes

ah yes its the 666th post lol :sweat_smile:, well this time I made that by using “Google Drawings”
why? because it was easyer for all the positions and symmetry when drawing, and then after finishing the reactor drawings I added all the texts and did some editing to finally upload it to roblox and use it.

3 Likes

Wow! the amount of details in this game is fantastic, and one person made it!!?!?! you’re incredibly talented!

3 Likes

12 Likes

Very nice startup! I love the amount of player interaction!

Just an irrelevant question, have you tried PBR yet and how do you think it looks compared to regular rendering?

2 Likes

no didn’t try PBR yet but I’ll soon check it, and I did put the new “MaterialService” in the game but didn’t do a lot of things with it yet…

3 Likes

maybe also try the new 2022 materials, you can enable/disable with the “Use2022Materials” property on the material service, I really like most of them

4 Likes

Btw, it’s super simple to enable them, you just have to set the value of these scales to 1 and you’re good to go.

4 Likes

look what it does when I change these two properties:

normal:

when properties changed:

6 Likes

i kinda don’t like the tile design
h
maybe change their offset

3 Likes

um, yeah I know that the textures are not aligned correctly but dont worry its simple to fix

3 Likes

I’m making meshes for the control room

6 Likes

In my opinion it looks pretty cool. What do you think about it?

3 Likes

personally I dont really like it… the reflections are too strong, in my opinion it would be better to leave it like it was

3 Likes