Working on a "Reactor CORE" type game [Devlog]

Sounds good! Its got a good look, feel, and aesthetic to it. Also to felix, somewhere around 2026 maybe? 2022 sounds off.

1 Like

I just have to say god damn this is really nice.

However, about the core itself, instead of lasers, what about something like fuel or particle injector pipes that are glass using as you said, deuterium and tritium as the source

or something like that, just at least something instead of lasers

3 Likes

Also small details I forgot to mention, for text and decals, add some transparency to them, it will make it look a little worn out as if they have been there for a while rather than just freshly added to the surface theyre on

2 Likes

actually, when I tween meshes its usually not one big object, when I make the meshes on blender I cut every part that would move, and then I import every part of the mesh to roblox studio, and then I can just tween them normally

and if you really need to move a certain part in one mesh, then you need rig the mesh in blender.

2 Likes

I feel like it should be darker

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation. This is very helpful!

2 Likes

This is looking EPIC! Can’t wait until its out! :atom_symbol:

2 Likes

I tried to recreate your screenshot as closely as I could (as well as taking some creative liberty) to show you that if you use PBR right, you can get a good looking scene.

Comparison:
PBR on:

PBR off:

PBR specular only:

PBR IBL only:

3 Likes

well, yes I understand that PBR would make the game look much better but the way I built everything would mean that I need to change the material of everything…

3 Likes

Right, that makes sense. Oh well, I was being kinda nitpicky anyways. You don’t have to use PBR, your game looks amazing as it is! Good luck and I hope to see more updates!

3 Likes

alright, guys I finally managed to make a working “camera screen” it can be sometimes glitchy but its better than nothing

“sorry for the lags and the bad quality”

13 Likes

Well, it probably 50x better than I could do. So, it doesn’t matter the quality, only if it works and you are proud.

3 Likes

Hey @NACER_RPG. I am curious, how do you make your textures? I am very intrigued in your skill and talent and would like to learn from you.

Thanks!

1 Like

Just adding on, I just have no clue how to make textures.

1 Like

the floor for example I used the normal roblox concrete material then added a floor tile texture then made the texture half transparent so that we can see the floor tile lines and the concrete at the same time

1 Like

Thank you! I am also very sorry for asking you all of these questions.

2 Likes

dont worry its completely okay

1 Like

Alright I improved my “camera” system a lot, and I gave it a better quality:

(ignore the “flickering/glitching” of my character it happens because running two clients on my pc makes everything a little laggy…)

the improvements:
before:

after:

12 Likes

You should make a group for this.

9 Likes

there will be a camera like this to see what is happening inside the reactor

4 Likes