Workspace Hierarchy Incomplete

*Edit 9/14/22:

Related Post Explorer not showing all the children in an instance - #9 by 1waffle1

I lost this post! So, just some useful search keywords: “workspace children not displaying, children missing, descendants missing, children not showing, descendants not showing, model messed up, children not displaying descendant of model”

Reproduction Steps

When working with models (deleting parts, grouping, undo redoing and general Studio Management of the Workspace Hierarchy descendants), this issue sometimes occurs.

Expected Behavior

Workspace Studio Hierarchy should maintain accurate index of all objects in the tree.

Actual Behavior

Sometimes when navigating Roblox Studio, in Team Create or non-Team Create,
an object (often model) will suddenly lack its children in the Workspace Explorer Tab of Roblox Studio after an undifferentiated action.

Workaround

Deleting the Affected instance and hitting Undo will display the instances children once again.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Sometimes
Date First Experienced: 2022-05-20 00:05:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-05-31 00:05:00 (-04:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

1 Like

Thanks for the report !Do you still encounter this issue ?

Our team still encounters this issue, our builder @MaliciousPeppermint says it still happens very often; “I go to open a model and it shows nothing under it the little V you click just isnt there”. Ive notified them to try and record occurrence/ spot out related actions.

@MaliciousPeppermint workstation Specs

Processor: 2.9GHz AMD Ryzen 7 4800H.
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB.
Memory: 16GB 3,200MHz DDR4.
Screen: 15.6in 1,920 x 1,080 IPS 144Hz Nvidia G-Sync.
Storage: 1TB Samsung PM981 NVMe SSD.

Edit: Video of occurence:

“I group the helicopter then ungroup the helicopter, the submodel within the helicopter (or multiple submodels) have their dropdown-tabs (for accessing their children) disappear.”

“To get around this I must delete the submodel and undo the operation to get the dropdown-tabs/child-access back”

“it seems to happen at random”

Note that the “Body” submodel shows no dropdown-tab as if it had no children, but the helicopter geo is clearly there in the viewport.

1 Like

Thank you ! I’ve filed a ticket for you.

1 Like

I would like to add

I never experienced this personally before the introduction of the FuzzySearch “Filter workspace” option:

My associate does not use “Filter workspace” but still experiences this issue, so if causal its by being present, and not necessarily being utilized.

We are still experiencing this to date.

We’re going through older bugs at the moment, apologies for the necro.

We unfortunately cannot fix this without a consistent repro case. However, we plan on making some huge refactors to the explorer in the coming year which will by nature fix this bug.

1 Like