Workspace Property Question

Does anybody know what the property Workspace.TouchesUSeCollisionGroups does? I cannot find any information on the developer wiki or the forum on what it does. I’m currently trying to optimize some very graphically intensive games (refer to my previous posts) and if this helps, any further information really helps!

1 Like

It looks like Roblox is currently doing some work to how the Touched event works. According to the release notes for version 460 (https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/resources/release-note/Release-Notes-for-460), there’s also a BasePart.CanTouch property coming soon that will also allow us greater control over Touched.

I believe that the property you’re asking about controls whether the Touched event is influenced by Collision Groups (which you can learn more about here - Collision Filtering | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub). More exact documentation should be added for it soon on the Developer Hub.

4 Likes

We have a game that utilizes Collision Groups for all Collisions. Are we supposed to enable the Workspace’s TouchesUseCollisionGroups property in order for our Collision Groups to work properly?

Waiting for the Roblox Team to add some more info in the documentation for this.

1 Like