Would a camera app be possible?(in-game phone)

my idea would be using raycast then make images something like rorender makes the map where we shoot raycasts then determin how to make an image

1 Like

The ammount of rays required would be insane, not to mention that rays cant detect lighting renders on blocks, you wouod be better off saving all of the parts properties that are in view of the camera and using that to put into a viewport.

2 Likes

but i cant save viewports in datastore right?

1 Like

I am not embarassed by my mistake. I did nothing wrong.

I clearly state that the @OP is saving the pictures through a game data store. Since he is the owner, he has full control of taking the data store. Do you not understand this?

1 Like

I am not deleting my post. I can argue that you are not allowed to save any sensitive data’s through a data store or something that someone has full control over it.

1 Like

And? Still, it is sensitive data and informations.

1 Like

I think that a game’s owner is fully allowed to see what a player is doing as long as it is in-game.

So, in my opinion, storing player’s pictures?
Well, it depends.

Irl pictures, taken for example by player’s webcam?
Probably no.

Pictures taken in-game, especially when taken by game’s custom camera?
Completely chill pill.

Hotel? Trivago.

3 Likes

You know what, fine, whatever. I am literally losing my mind and I don’t wanna make more drama.

1 Like

Saving in game data such as baseparts is not going to be against terms and conditions.

Ive used it myself to take snapshots when i suspect a player is exploiting. The only way I can see it being against terms and conditions is if you were taking players builds from in game and claiming them as your own.

In other words, script away my friend

When i get home ill see if i can find a way to upload my part saving and loading script for you, it saves parts by finding all properties rather than checking what part it is

2 Likes

Not as they are no, but a script can get the properties of parts. If you get get the properties you can turn the properties all into string. If you have string, it can be saved.

E.g

local size = tostring(Part.Size.X) … “’,” … tostring(Part.Size.Y) … “,” … tostring(Part.Size.Z)

This would turn the vector3 into string
Vector3 (1,2,3) ----> “1,2,3”

This is the very basics of how it works

Ive done it months ago and made a post about saving unions

Mine works for basic needs and has over 7k lines of code (half for saving half for loading). It still doesnt replicate the parenting or joins but for basic imaging it works quickly

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean and I don’t think anybody else does either…

What sensitive information are you talking about? The whole topic is about being able to take in-game photos, what’s sensitive about that?

1 Like

its definetly not illegal to take pictures in game as roblox itself added a screenshot system in game right so what problem would adding my own be?

and the thing is some people said having other players is illegal what about youtubers as they have players in their vids which concerns some people privacy right?

i really need to talk to someone veteran and its expert on roblox tos system

1 Like

i agree as taking in-game photos isnt a problem :neutral_face:

1 Like

So long as you arent saving personal info e.g email adress, IP adress, Real name, phone number, bank stuff, or real world location then you will be fine.

All information available in the roblox workspace can be accessed by anyone so there should be no issues with you saving it.

The information I mentioned before isnt accessible through basic means, you have to go through websites and pull info to get it which means that doing that would have to be deliberate and a clear break of t&cs.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

so you mean im allowed to take pics using my in-game phone and put in datastore?

if yes can you suggest a way of doing it you might say i could use viewports but its quite laggy and HOW AM I GONNA SAVE A VIEWPORT TO DATASTORE??!!??

1 Like

You arent going to save a vieport exactly, you would turn parts into text, if you look in the replys section here you can see what i turned a plane model into

the thing right now is how am i gonna have many viewports in game when one itself is lagging up the game like hell?

im not gonna add limit to player taking pics

Limit what the view port loads in to only be a set area in front of the camera, this way it reduces the number of parts

The other option would be to put a frame on the screen to make it look like a camera and then capture it straight from thw worspace

but still what if i had like 100 pics that would just destroy pcs i dont wanna make a “destroy your pc simulator”

Only save what you need to,

Viewports only render when the contents of it change so there will only be one lag spike.

1 Like