Would a camera app be possible?(in-game phone)

You can replicate a basic version of the terrain with parts.

if u have a flat terrain, i suppose u can make a fake part and use the fill terrain function but im still not sure if thats supported into viewport frames, probably not.

He was saying to save the full game.

nope i have extreme terrain :disappointed_relieved: thats sad

its possible but it would looks SUPER UGLY

can someone tell why making this using raycast is not good im talking the way that rorender does where they shoot raycast then generate an image?

As it doesn’t account for shadows and the amount of raycasts would be crazy.

but cant i make the raycast amount to be less i dont want 4k images :neutral_face:

4K isn’t the problem even 480p would need quite a lot of raycasts.

Ok put it this wayz the fov of the camera is about 80 degrees left/right and 80 up/down

So the total ammount of rays to cover something litterally 1 block in front of the camera would be 6400 rays (for total coverage, assuming ray covers only the point of contact)

Assuming you dont want 4k you coulr prib get away with less but still, your looking at over 2k rays to make a square look like a mashed potato

This would get even worse as the distance increases

@Creeperman16487 Remove this immediately as it breaks ToS, this would probably be called discrimination.

yeah but i dont want small kids be playing my gane it has quite a violence

@Creeperman16487 Still it’s against the rules and while you can recommend people to not play if they’re sensitive to fear you are not allowed to prohibit under 13s from playing. https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313410-Roblox-Community-Rules

1 Like

Although it is a feature I wish Roblox added, it is against ToS. I would make a very clear warning when you join the game saying it isn’t recommended for people under 13.

1 Like

To be safer I’d change this to say ‘people who are scared easily’ as age is a protected characteristic while risk of fear is not.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that’s a good idea. Didn’t think about that.

1 Like

ohk thanks for that i wont stop under 13

There is no other way to do this without using Viewports unfortunately. Taking pictures on Roblox is not easy, and has its costs. Maybe Roblox will add a feature for this in the future, but it is unlikely.

Even if you could actually take screenshots, I would not recommend it as a malicious user could do inappropriate stuff in the image and get your account banned.

1 Like

Yeah which is why it most likely never be a feature.