Would a cash back game be against TOS?

Hello! I would like to know if a cash back “game” would be against the terms of service.

Let me explain. Due to the 40% commission tax that Roblox gives us for third-party purchases, the idea was to, for example, give back 20% of the price in robux to the player (with group funds) of items purchased inside the game. All these would be automated using Roblox API, but I’m not sure if it would be against TOS.

I read the terms, but I couldn’t find anything about it, so if you did, please show the section in your reply if possible. Thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m not a roblox staff, but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to do that. But anyways, why would you want to return robux when you can win them anyways.
lets say I have a gamepass costs 300 :robux_gold: but I want to get the 300 :robux_gold: not the 210 :robux_gold: (that would be 70% of the :robux_gold: ) you could set the price higher so you win exactly 300 :robux_gold:

1 Like

Nope, you are not allowed to give robux back in massive quantites

1 Like

Thanks for your response! The ideia was to be an actual cash back game, where players could purchase catalog items and receive an amount back.

There’s no point. There are countless tutorials on how to do this with 40% back, so why would anyone want to do it but only get 20%?

1 Like

Oh ok, thanks a lot! Can you send the TOS section?

As far as I know, this commission tax doesn’t work in your own game.

Yeah but people can just use an alt and get the 40% back on their alt account

1 Like

Yep, but then you have to give the robux back to your main, loosing 30%, which results in 28% of the original price.

Not an exclusive example list. Giving people Robux for buying things in your game is certainly enough to get your game taken down.

5 Likes

Alright, thank you so much for your reply! :smiley: