Would a whale fall be in compliance with the rules on gore?

I’m working on an ocean-themed game, and would like to include a whale fall, which is basically an ecosystem centered around a whale caracass at the bottom of the sea. Would a whale carcass with exposed bones and creatures feeding on it be ok to feature in a game, or would it be too graphic?

1 Like

I don’t think so. I think the game would just be 13+ instead of 9+ but I would check TOS

1 Like

Should be ok, I dont think animal skeletons really fall under gore or animal cruetly, but its wtv.

Everything seems fine, but creatures feeding on it in real-time might not be allowed. But everything is okay, as long as its 13+. Just check TOS

Here is the Roblox TOS on Gore. https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313410-Roblox-Community-Standards

From what I can tell you, a whale fall in general isn’t an issue, I run a funeral home on the platform and that’s allowed (tho under very specific circumstances), and there are things that are worse than an ecosystem based on a dead whale.

The thing they ask of you mainly is not to depict “Realistic or real-world depictions of extreme gore, graphic violence, or death.”

This means, don’t show anything being killed in any way shape, or form. A whalefall is something that happens after and as long as you don’t necessarily go overboard showing stuff like animal predation or anything violent it shouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes

This looks like cash money. If you can find a way to bolster the teachings of marine biology, you’ll have an educative, artistic piece.

Our game has animal carcasses and animal survival (violence).

It’s rated 13+. I suggest you look at the animal survival games on the platform and see how much gore they have (not much). Stay within those lines.

You shouldn’t go for ultra realism when it comes to violence/death. Make sure you don’t show more than what is required to set the scene.

1 Like

Thanks, in its current state, I’m only using a slightly paler version of the placeholder blue whale model, with some deep sea creatures nearby, but not actively eating it. I suppose I don’t need to have it show exposed bones or anything, it just needs to be there as a focal point for the area.

That’s a good idea, I’ve been thinking of trying to introduce educational elements at some point in the future, such as being able to “scan” creatures to get an infobox or something.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.