Would "cheats" in StarterPlayerScripts be against TOS?

Please note that I am NOT talking about exploiting in studio/live servers of my own game.
I am talking about putting scripts in StarterPlayerScripts that would allow you to do things that may be labeled “cheating”, such as teleporting.

Would certain scripts that may be considered “cheats” placed in StarterPlayerScripts be against TOS?

I know similar topics have been posted before, and I did search before posting this, but I did not find answers other than “You can’t exploit in studio/your own game”. I don’t know if scripts hard-coded into the game would be considered exploiting, so I wanted to ask.

Some examples of what I mean:

1. Say I made a script that lets players teleport. That script would be placed in StarterPlayerScripts, so that all players would receive and be able to use it.

2. Above script is modified so that it would only work for certain users, e.g. admins. All players would still receive it, but it would only work for those certain users.

3. Teleport is put in ServerStorage. When a player joins, a second script in ServerScriptService would check if that player is an admin. Only then would it clone the said script to that player’s PlayerScripts and allow only them to teleport.

Would any of these be against TOS? I would think not, as it’s purposefully coded into the game rather than injected by a player with the intention of exploiting, but I would like to make sure.

Thank you for reading.

as long as it doesnt give a unfair advantage, no. i doubt it.

1 Like

As long as it is your game, or you have permission to do so, you should be good as long as you don’t inject anything using synapse X or whatever. If it is your game, or you have permission to do so, you should be able to fly and get “admin powers” or whatever, as long as you can use it using only roblox/roblox studio.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.