Would custom rigs lag the game?

Not sure if this is in the right category - if it is, though then my question is: Would custom rigs lag a (Roblox) game?

Here’s an example image:

My game will be round-based, and I’m unsure whether or not to keep it as default R15 or a custom rig like above. It won’t be ground breaking ultra realistic quality, though. Probably something of an older vibe.

Will this cause any lag issues? Not just for PC, for Console and Tablet/Mobile too?

The rigs will only be there when the round starts and the player spawns in the map. So they won’t have it as their starter character 24/7.

5 Likes

From my knowledge, the functionality of a rig will do little to no harm to the FPS of the player.
But the model of a rig can cause drops in FPS if it’s detailed enough. The model you chose doesn’t seem to have too many polygons so the FPS drop will be insignificant on higher end devices. On lower end it will be a bit bigger but nothing crazy unless there are lots of those models in the player’s view, and I mean ALOT.

2 Likes

I was thinking of low to a max of medium poly, not really sure. The server size will be 26, though. Do you think that will affect performance? It’s a close quarters map.

2 Likes

I don’t think it will affect high end devices too much, but low end devices might have to use a little bit more power to render all that. Try seeing how much FPS you gain by pressing Shift + F5 in-game but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t work in roblox studio so do it actually in-game.

Edit: Additionally, you can see how much power roblox is using by looking in the Task Manager if you have a Windows PC/Laptop

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.