Would it be possilbe to create a RGB Glitch effect on ROBLOX?

So I’ve been thinking about this for a while. But would it be possible to make an RGB Glitch effect on Roblox such as these?

4 Likes

It doesn’t look like we have those post-processing effects yet. It would be a fine #platform-feedback:engine-features, but it looks like not everyone can submit a feature request.

Also category moved to #help-and-feedback:art-design-support, as it is more technical than a general discussion, hence specific mentions about the RGB “degradation”.

Alright but yeah, I hope they add something like it in the near future

1 Like

While it will be a knockoff version, I suggest you make three different blocks, words, etc. For this example I will be using blocks. The middle block will be white, the left block will be red, and the right block will be blue. All blocks will be neon. Make the red block about +0.5 studs away from the white block, and the blue block -0.5 studs away from the white block. Then write a script where the red block changes transparency at different intervals. Same goes for the blue block. The script may look something like this:

Script
while true do

local Blue = game.workspace.Part1 --this block is the blue one
local Red = game.workspace.Part2 --this block is the red one

Blue.Transparency = 0.5
wait (0.1)
Blue.Transparency = 1
wait (0.1)
Blue.Transparency = 0.5
wait (0.1)
Blue.Transparency = 1

Red.Transparency = 0.5
wait (0.1)
Red.Transparency = 1
wait (0.1)
Red.Transparency = 0.5
wait (0.1)
Red.Transparency = 1

end

Note_1: The white block should not be moved, have its properties changed, etc. Only the red and blue blocks should be altered.

Note_2: While this script may not be the best fit for what you are going for, it should still fulfill its purpose.

Hope this helps! :smiley:

1 Like

Unfortunately, that effect doesn’t always work in all cases. For instance inner corner pieces can have overlaps and it is costing three times the memory apart from the original. Post-processing effect, however, should not cost more memory than that.

Yes I am aware of this, however, it can work in some cases.

I do agree with this, however, the script I wrote is very simple, meaning that it shouldn’t take up very much memory.

I completely agree. Roblox should definitely add this feature and engineer it in a way that it clean, effective, and easy to use.

It is, when you have an abundance of parts, not to mention how many copies you have to make to achieve that effect. It is a limitation. Regardless of how simple the script is, it can still deliver a lot of memory issues.

1 Like

Sadly you cant REALLY do this, however what you CAN do is use multiple images. Its not the best solution, but its the best we can do right now.

i tried to make this
https://gyazo.com/d43e572a9e8d8133e72f0030ce5b3f13

but its not really good

1 Like

try using viewport frames at an offset with transparency