Would like some feedback on my Puyo Puyo-inspired game (Roblo Roblo)

Try it out here (Be sure to bring a couple of friends for the best experience!):

Features a Practice mode for those who can’t round up anybody to play with

Feedback would be highly appreciated!

5 Likes

Alright some first impressions:

I like the concept. I don’t know what Puyo Puyo is, but it looks like a mix of candy crush and tetris. I think it has potential in being a game that attracts both casual and competitive players.

However I think the tutorial is really boring. You didn’t get to do anything, just the game telling you what to do. A lot of people don’t bother playing a game if you have to sit through an uninteresting tutorial.

Secondly, The UI is really weird to me. Instead of the main game being the focus, It’s pushed off to the left of the screen? It gets ucomfortable just staring at the left side of my screen. I think the UI could definitely be more polished, but thats more of a nitpick.

So overall, interesting concept and fun gameplay, but falls off in places.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! Starting with addressing the issue of the tutorial, what would you prefer to have for it? Would you prefer to have sections to allow the player to interact with it?

For the UI, depends if your definition of “UI” refers to the overall 2D buttons and such on the screen or if you’re referring to the gameplay itself. Most of the actual gameplay are 3D objects.

I have the boards positioned they way they are to allow all players to see what their opponent has on their boards to both display some more important information and allow for a more ‘competitive edge.’ Now, I could tune this to where your board is positioned in the center of the screen, while your opponent’s boards are displayed somewhere on the sides but, appear much smaller than before.

As for the UI navigation. Was it easy to find everything, and can anything in particular about it be improved?

I think the tutorial needs interaction to engage the player into your gameplay. When I first played it, I was expecting to be able to actually play the tutorial, so it threw me off when the game started playing for me.

By UI I mean all menus with buttons and displays. This is more of a personal opinion and i’m not that good at critiquing UI, but I’m not really a fan of the designs. The main menu with all the buttons was confusing to navigate because the layout was strange, and the displays asking to follow on social media looked like they were buttons. And the main game has a cobblestone texture overlayed, which I don’t really understand why. I would try to improve the composition of where things are placed, so that it’s easier to navigate.

I think positioning the boards that way puts too much focus on the information at the side. Having it in the middle and making the info smaller would make more sense. For multiplayer, what I would do is still keep the boards in the center side by side to allow for a simpler design. In the game/website tetr io, you can see exactly what I’m talking about if you check it out.

Btw is the game compatible with mobile? Because mobile players would definitely be a big audience for it. ;o

1 Like

Ah, I can see where you’re coming from when it comes to the layout of things.

And yes, the game fully supports mobile as well as Console. Although, I have a couple of mobile players that have allegedly ran into some issues regarding gameplay at the moment so, I am working with them to provide to fix. It seems to happen at random intervals.

1 Like