Would making a sonic game get me into copyright?

ello-

I would like to make a Sonic game, but i dont know if i can make one.

Would this, in any chance, get me banned? Thanks.

(yes, can i include the sonic forces model? idk how to make rigs im a bozo)

1 Like

Luckily, from what I’ve heard, SEGA incentives fan games, aka, they encourage it.

However, don’t try to profit from it. Otherwise, you’re pretty safe in terms of copyright.

1 Like

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-to-get-around-roblox-triangle-limit/2133432/49

You can probably try finding free to use fan-made models online but in terms of sega’s models.
The answer is probably a firm no according to the policy use.

If your using ripped assets, then mostly yes. if you get noticed by sega they will give you a DMCA takedown request pretty sure.

im pretty sure you get 3 strikes for dmca (3rd = termination).

1 Like

Apparently SketchFab only has CC models, and i need a license. :C

I found this.

No, SEGA doesn’t care about fan games, but as others have stated you probably shouldn’t use a ripped model from one of their games, or profit from their IP. You should instead make your own, or commission someone else to do it (eg. on a Discord server)

When you mean by profit, like selling stuff in game for robux and what about premium players, they give you some robux.

Sega allows it, and also allows you to earn money with the game.

They just don’t allow games made by persons that have bad reputation on roblox or irl

Ripped assets won’t get DMCA, I’ve done it before no threats. SEGA is fine with it as long as no profit is involved