Would my game be violating TOS?

I have a question: would my game idea be violating the terms of service for roblox? I don’t want to get banned.
My game is going to depict a similar game to Breaking Point, but with a revolver instead (And other features that I am completely sure roblox is fine with), however there is one thing.

The game goes as follows, there is 1 bullet and 5 blanks. You can spin the cylinder or just not, then you shoot it at SOMEONE ELSE at the table. If it’s a blank, gun is passed to a random person and the same goes until its fired. The person shot dies, and then the round restarts and goes until everyone is dead (but the winner). There is no depiction of real life self harm, which my game is similar to another thing in another thing in of itself (If you know, you know.) But it doesn’t actually show any of this. There is no allusions and it is a simple “foundation” of the game. I am am pretty sure that this doesn’t violate any rules but I still want to check, I really do not want to get in trouble. Please help me.

8 Likes

When I said “there is no depiction of real life self harm” I meant both that and self harm of your player character.

1 Like

A roulet type of game would mostly need to be published under 17+ restrictions, but you can actually contact a roblox forum member on guideline issues

1 Like

Wait, wdym? Breaking point isnt 17+, and it has those elements

1 Like

Also how would i go about contacting a forum member

1 Like

Adding a gambling/roulet type of thing, where the possible outcome is death may be 17+. About the forum member contact, I was mistaken. I thought you could do this because I staff once PMed me on the platform so I assumed it was something you could do. I recommend reading Roblox’s TOS that centralizes around violence, death, and gambling.

Edit: sorry for the potential mislead

1 Like

Its not quite gambling, there will be powerup similar thibgs to help you, and you can also fire in the air to skip turn

1 Like

In that case, I assume 13+ would be fine, but if you are unsure you can always just read the TOS for your country and it should tell you

2 Likes

I am sorry about asking so much, its just i dont want to be banned but i also love this game and have worked on it so much

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Have fun making games as well

2 Likes

Ok, im so sorry, but would roblox admins just take my game at face value then ban me? I am paranoid now, apparently.

1 Like

It’s hard to say.

Roblox moderators have been known to be careless and irrational in the past, but if you are positive this game’s risky aspects are comparable to other games that exist and are not banned, it shouldn’t be a problem

2 Likes

Thank you. Any way i could prevent this without destroying the core aspects of the game

1 Like

Well would you say this game has aspects that are more violent/suggestive than Breaking Point? If the answer is yes, simply make it 17+. Breaking point is 13+, so aspects that are only slightly worse will just make the game 17+. Would you like me to test some of these aspects to further give an opinion?

1 Like

Its got some demonic undertones, as if you would be in hell. The powerups reflect this (sonetimes) such as connecting 2 people, if one dies both do, and also if you die you just get a black screen. Its supposed to reflect some horror aspects onto it, to .ake the player feel uneasy

1 Like

These would not constitute a game ban, games like

and

have similar demonic themes

Edit: and games like this

:rofl:

Finally, a developer that doesn’t have a suicide mechanic in their game. Lol

2 Likes

What about the death sequence? The afflicted would end with a black screen, but for other players they would just dall over backwards with some mild blood effects

No, this sounds completely and totally reasonable, I see no reason a mod would ban.

Your good to go, good luck!

2 Likes

I know right? So many psychological horror games…

3 Likes