Would putting "www.roblox.com" on a train be permitted?

What are you attempting to achieve?
I have a diesel locomotive I built for my game that is based on the real-life counterpart. On the side of the real version, there is a link that goes to the railway company’s website. Since my game, Rails Unlimited, uses ‘RUBranding’ (a clever play on words that means ‘rebranding’ and the game name), we don’t use real logos, but rather ‘parody’ logos (i.e the CSX trains in Rails Unlimited are called ‘CCX’).

What is the issue?
I want to make the in-game logo (it’s called ‘ON’ as in ‘Ontario National’, based on the real-life Canadian National Railway) more accurate to the real version (see images attached) but I don’t know if putting ‘www.roblox.com’ under it instead of ‘www.cn.ca’ would be allowed. I know it probably is, since it’s Roblox’s link, but I’m just playing it safe and making sure.

What solutions have you tried so far?
I’m just waiting for an answer. If I really need to, I can just skip this and have the logo as is.

TL;DR:
Can I put “www.roblox.com” on my train?

Images for reference:
The train I built for my game:

The train in real-life (ignore the side number; the trains in-game don’t have numbers):
EMD_GP38-2W_CN_Real

6 Likes

Just try it out I guess? if the image gets past moderation then your probably fine

I forgot to mention that the logo is made with SurfaceGuis and TextLabels. I don’t use decals (unless the logo is custom-made and has a lot of complex FX). This is why I’m asking, because I don’t want to upload the train to the game and then find out at the last minute.

As far as I’m aware, you can have any links visible that link to Roblox-domained stuff. I would be concerned if they didn’t let their main URL be shown lol

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. I’m hoping a staff member (I’m still a bit new to this forum in terms of posting, so I don’t know how to ‘tag’ one) would be able to reply.

1 Like

Yes you would be allowed. You’re able to direct people to other links on the site in all cases. Even the public forums allowed it when they existed.

Good on you for asking though, can’t be too safe sometimes :+1:

(Also, awesome train model. I live in Ontario and can confirm the accuracy haha)

5 Likes

I’m fairly certain that links to Roblox, Twitter, and YouTube are allowed on decals (as long as it doesn’t lead to something inappropriate).

2 Likes

I think there’s more of a chance to get past moderation when using surface UIs than uploading a decal. I also don’t see why putting the roblox website on a train be against some rules.

No fake subdomains though :frowning:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/robloxifiying/5549/5?source_topic_id=86187

I don’t see why not.

I don’t have access to that topic yet.

I already marked the main issue as resolved and the Roblox link is already on the train, so no need to reply about it anymore. :slight_smile: